November 11, 2007

Here's to you...Birthday Boy

So...Walt officially turned 26 today...he kept wanting to forget about his birthday because he claims he is old. Two of our dear friends came down to visit us this weekend and I think Walt might be right about the "old" part, but he surely wasn't the one that seemed old this weekend.

We did our normal "Tulsa stuff" on Saturday. Took the Jodry's to Utica Square and ate brunch at StoneHorse, walked around, showed the Jodry's around Tulsa, then ventured back to Owasso to watch the Baylor/OU game. (Yes, for a split second there we were saying things like..."If Baylor wins tonight...you can fill in the blank from there, I am sure every Baylor fan has done that a time or two given the last couple of years we have had.)

Around 8:00 we decided to go have sushi at In the Raw in Tulsa. At dinner we had this conversation "Can you tell people you just graduated college if you have been out for 4 years?" Walt seems to think that you can, but I said to him, "Walt, that would have been like me telling people when I was a senior in college that I just graduated highschool, right?" I'm thinking that we are now becoming old...when you no longer know anyone at your Alma Mater, I would think this justifies for being "old."

Once we were done we all decided we would go to McNellies, an Irish Pub Bar. Everything was going just as planned...we had a great dinner go to McNellies and the boys were drinking. The next thing I know I look at Max and he is falling asleep...AT THE BAR! So we all decide that we should just go home and play some fun games there and we were all excited. Take note, it is about 10:30. We all pile back into the car and we are on our way home. (It is about a 15 minute drive from Tulsa to Owasso) I was driving home and in the midst of the conversation I hear what sounded like a snore... no, it couldn't be. So, I look in the back seat...and to my surprise Max had fallen asleep. I even slammed on the breaks as hard as I could going down my street and Max did not move a muscle.

Alright, so we are home now and Max has woken up....Walt and I let Max and Whit know we are going to go change clothes. When we walk out of our room Max is asleep on the couch! Poor man he must have had a heck of a week. Needless to say, at 11:30 the Jodry's went to bed and Walt and I stayed up just long enough to celebrate the official 26th birthday. Walt is the "oldest" one out of the 4 of us, but Max definitley took the "cake" on being the oldest.

Everything aside, we did have a great weekend and can't wait to see them again. Maybe next time we could go to a matinee and grab the early bird special at a local resturant :) Kidding...the Bass' love the Jodry's

Me with the Birthday Boy! Max falling asleep in the car

1 comments:

Max said...

Nice post, Mer. I appreciate that one. I'll get you back for that. :)