April 9, 2008

Mystery in the Bass household

So I woke up this morning and started my normal routine. I turned off my alarm, and hopped into the shower. I always close the doors that go into the bathroom because I don't want to wake up Walt before it is time for him to get up. My day seems to be going ok, I step out of the shower, dry off, put on some warm clothes and I then open up the doors leading into the bedroom. All of a sudden I let out a "OH!"
"What is it?" Walt asked. "Walt, why did you take down all of the pictures off of our shelf last night?" "Huh? I didn't do that." "Well, I didn't do that."
Strange.
Last night Walt and I went to bed at the exact same time. But, this morning when I got up all of the pictures were taken off of our shelves and laid on the dresser in a stack of 3 from smallest to largest. Obviously one of us is sleep walking. What once looked like this:

Was now empty and bare. We have 3 white shelves and everything was off of them. How could you NOT wake up doing this in your sleep? So, annoyed with the mystery I tried to put the pictures back the way they were 8 hours before.
I then went along with my morning but at the same time I kept going through my head if I woke up last night. I remembered that I woke up at 12:30 because Gracie was crying because she needed to go outside. I being the nice wife that I am, woke Walt up and made him take her. He was so livid with me for interrupting his sleep. I remember him getting back into bed and kicking me, not a hard kick, just to say.. "Ha, you get this for waking me up." Then I remembered waking up at 4:35 because it was cold and I put more covers on me. As I am thinking about all of this Walt walks in the room and says, "Mer... where did Gracie tee tee last night?" I then looked at him and said, "Walt do you not remember getting mad at me because I made you take her out at 12:30?" "Not at all." I just stared at him thinking... man it is a good thing you don't room with people when you go on audits because no telling what you do!
I think I solved the mystery... Walt is the sleeping walking bandit... but WHY did he take down all of my pictures?

2 comments:

Katie said...

maybe he took down all of the pictures so he could try and rehang the shelves since he couldn't hang them the first time around. i about fell out of my chair when i read the part about him kicking you because i do that to rick all the time when i come back from taking darcy out.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I came across your blog and I had to go back and read the whole thing. It was so great to read about your life! I miss my little yearbook staffers and Cheerleaders!
I Luv U, Christy McKaughan Hart