June 2, 2008

And They Lived Happily Ever After......

Happy Two Year Anniversary! (Today is June, 3...everytime I hit publish post, it says June 2nd..I know when my anniversary is!)It's so hard to believe that two years ago Walt and I were married. I can hardly imagine how my life was without him in it...more less without him being my husband. Our wedding was the most perfect day...and by far the most fun we have ever had! We were surrounded by family and friends and it was everything we could have ever asked for. The reception was just the way we wanted it...THE ULTIMATE DANCE PARTY! We danced from 8:30 at night until 2:30 in the morning...and that was with me and Walt sneaking out because people were still dancing!
Being married to Walt has been a complete adventure. Who would have ever guessed that we would have gotten out of the "Baylor Bubble" and made some pretty incredible friends? Walt and I both thoroughly enjoy our work and being "away" (would you call 4 hours away?) from family has allowed us to grow as a married couple. He still surprises me, he prays with me, he is my anchor, he is a FABULOUS tour guide, and he is honestly my better half. I love doing yard work with him, love going on picnics, love watching movies with him, love talking to him on the phone when he is WHO KNOWS WHERe and I love just being with him...isn't that what being married is all about? Here's to many more anniversaries...and being lucky enough to find you when I did...because my forever started the day I said "I do." I love you!

Me with my fabulous Maid of Honor...Mrs. Katie Hill Oh I was about 10 seconds from walking down the aisle and becoming Mrs. Walt Bass Jr.

With Rev. Dawson

Some of my girls that were there


All my bridesmaids
I love this picture of Walt... it shows just how much fun he was having!

Yay for being married!
Poppy cut in on the first dance! How precious is he!?



5 comments:

Unknown said...

you two are precious! congratulations on two years, and here's to many more to come!

Graham said...

Meredith and Walt- We are so happy for you two! We love you and miss you every day! Can't wait to see you! Jack can't wait to see his Aunt Meredith. :) Love- Nichole, Mom, Greg, and Jack!

Mt. Marcy said...

Congratulations!!! Just think, when you can't imagine it getting any better, it does.

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

happy 2 years!! I cannot believe it's already been 2...we had so much fun at the wedding.

Anonymous said...

even as a 9 year old then that was such a great wedding i mis you so much i still have the picture i took of the first kiss from mr and mrs bass its hanging on my wall

i love you lots
Amanda MArquis formor third grader reed elm