July 23, 2008

Typical Tomboy?

Everyone that really knows me and Walt, knows that we are obsessed with Gracie Mae. I know I have dedicated several post to that little princess on this blog. But, the more I think about it, the more I realize I should not be calling her a princess, because she isn't. Out of all the dogs I could have possibly picked out, I think I picked out the one girl that is the ULTIMATE tomboy. If I put a bow in Gracie's hair, it is out within seconds. I love dressing her up, but it is a fight to get her in her clothes, when her cousin Riley and Aunt Phoebe (that would be Poco's dog and my mother's dog) come to visit...Gracie is ALWAYS the one beating up on them, (she mainly beats up on Phoebe because Phoebe is 1.) messing with her boyfriend Riley and 2.)Phoebe is getting attention from me, and I should only be giving attention to Gracie, and she absolutely HATES taking baths. When I say hates taking baths, I mean the second the bath-tub water is running, Gracie darts under the bed and gets right in the middle. It doesn't matter if the bath is for me, if I am washing my hair, Gracie will dart under the bed. Now unless there are visitors here, or I actually sleep late, (never) during the summer, Gracie and I usually wake up around 6:15ish, (right after Walt leaves for work) I go and run for about 30 minutes and then I pick up Gracie so we can go on a walk. This has to be Gracie's most favorite part of the day. The second I put on her leash she darts out the house and into the wet, dewy grass. I've honestly tried to teach her how to walk on the sidewalk, and she does this when we go for walks at night, (and the grass isn't wet), but when I take her for morning walks, she runs all up and down the grass. She chases the birds, she squats (and tries to make me think she is going to the bathroom) just so she can sniff in that spot a little longer, she runs after all the dogs that are caged in, (it's almost like she is saying, "Ha, look at me...I'm FREE!"), but if a sprinkler system is on she will purposely walk all the way around it so that the water does NOT spray on her. I love taking Gracie for walks, but I hate the outcome..She's STINKY and WET. I guess I should just settle with saying that I love that little Tomboy with all my heart.
I know you can't tell she is really dirty and wet after her walk, but she is....
I mean all you have to do is look at previous post, to see that Gracie is NOT
looking her best here.

4 comments:

kinsey said...

is it bad that murph looks like that a lot?!?! ha. she's too cute.

Anonymous said...

What a cute little piggy!

Jenny M said...

So cute! I think I might have the most girlie boy dog ever- he literally prances when we go on walks and loves his winter sweaters!

Meredith said...

Aww, what a cute pup! Our little Lilly will always be our first! :)

Also, your post about the school year starting soon actually made me miss teaching. You'll LOVE 4th grade!! I bet you're a fabulous teacher!