August 17, 2008

I'm a junkie...A t.v. junkie that is......

It's quite obvious that once school starts the Bass Family weekends change. I'm not "awake" enough to be able to go out on a Friday night, so that usually means that Walt and I stay home. Saturday mornings aren't spent sleeping in because now that I am back on a schedule, I can't sleep past 6:30. So this usually means I wake up and fix some sort of breakfast for Walt, while he sleeps in until 9 or 10. I can normally manage to go out on Saturday night, but we must get home early, because we have church the next day and then on Sunday night I have to be in bed by 9:00, so that I can wake up feeling refreshed on Monday morning. Yes, I know I am a barrel of fun. Then you have your actually Saturdays or Sundays. With 76 kids that means that you always have at least a set of 76 papers to grade. You guessed it, at least one of those days are spent grading papers. It usually isn't that big of a deal when football season starts because I just grade papers while Walt (and usually friends) watch the football game. Well, yesterday I sat down to grade papers (because I will be unavailable today from 2-8) and I turned on the t.v. and looked up what good shows would be on.
Now, I am going to be completely honest with you and tell you that I LOVE the ABC Family station. LOVE it... I watch all of the shows on there (Full House, Seventh Heaven, Greek...everything) and usually on the weekends they have some pretty good movies playing. Well.....ABC Family must have known that I was going back to school this week, and they must have thought of me when they made their weekend line up. They were probably thinking to themselves, "Well, we know that Meredith is such a devoted fan, let's play something for her that she really enjoys while she grades papers." Yes, I am pretty sure this is what they were saying because when I sat down to look at the t.v. guide yesterday and saw that from 2:30-4:30 Father of the Bride was on...and from 4:30-7:00 Father of the Bride II was on and THEN from 7:00-10:00 the NOTEBOOK was on... I started screaming!! Walt of course comes in the room and asks what the deal is. My response, "I am in HEAVEN! Listen to the shows that will be on while I grade papers!!!" I was so excited. Now just to let you know we had plans at 6:30, it wasn't like I sat in front of the t.v. ALL night, but I did record every show! I'm one of those girls that has seen Father of the Bride and the sequel like 1,000 times and I even own the movie, but on Video cassette, so it doesn't do me any good now and when it comes on ABC Family it doesn't matter what I am doing, I stop everything to watch it. So to get to the point I thoroughly enjoyed grading papers yesterday! (the shows come back on again tonight, if you are wanting to watch any of them!)


Last night we went over to our friend Corey's house and grilled steaks with Corey and Lindsay. They were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! We had salad, home made mashed potatoes (it was my Nana's recipe, so you KNOW they were good), sauteed mushrooms, asparagus, and some chocolate parfait for dessert. Then we watched a little pre-season Dallas Cowboy football. For any of you that subscribe to HBO you should totally check out the Hard Knocks: Training Camp with the Dallas Cowboys it gives you a little insight into their lives and it is actually pretty funny! I can't WAIT for football season to start. On that note... The Hills starts Monday, any one else excited??? If you can't tell by this post, I live for t.v. Yes, ok, I've admitted it... the moral of this story is that I am a t.v. junkie. Have a great rest of the weekend!

The spread

The "Masters of the grill" preparing their food


The chocolate parfait Lindsay and Corey Me and Walt Gracie's tummy was full and she was tired after some good steak!

3 comments:

Yelda said...

You are too funny! I love FOB and i have them on DVD and I really have probably watched it a gazillion times, I love and i still cry everytime i watch it! I also have the notebook and I LOVE It, i make everyone i know watch it if they haven't already! i guess we definately have the same taste when it comes to good movies! hope you have a good week! love yelda

Mt. Marcy said...

I can't believe you gave the kiddos a graded assignment so early in the school year. Sad! I, too, LOVE The Hills.

kinsey said...

love the last pic. that shaggy blond hair on top looks like someone around my house ;-)