September 27, 2008

OU vs. OSU

Football season is here...and living in Oklahoma is hard. I'm a Baylor fan and while I know that Baylor is not the best at football, we are great at tons of other things. But... while I am on the subject of OU and OSU football....Walt brought to my attention today something that was said during one of my classes the first year I was teaching in Oklahoma.
I had forgotten about this...but now that he mentioned it to me.... I knew I had to blog about it.
My 3rd grade class in Owasso was in the library and the librarian....whom I LOVE very much was so proud of the way they had acted during her lesson she wanted the kids to stand up and do a "celebration." Obviously this was a celebration that they had done before because they were excited about it....it went a little something like this...
OU are great! (imagine your arms making an "O" and a "U")
OSU are! (arms making an "O" "S" and "U")
I just about threw up in my mouth when she said this.... and to this day when I think about it, I almost throw up... this is one of the many joys of living in Oklahoma... GO BAYLOR! ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sick!!! wow.. SIC em!

Katie, Rick, Darcy, Hana and Piper said...

shouldn't it be OU is great?!?!

mjilliancooper said...

honestly don't know that I would be able to live there. ha.