November 5, 2008

I thought we were moving to Mexico.....

So apparently one of my kids told all of his classmates that his dad said if Obama won, they were packing up and moving to Mexico. This morning, of all mornings, he was late to school. My kids kept telling me that he was moving, and he wasn't coming back to school today. I just told them to sit down, he would be here. Well... at 8:10 when he rolled in the whole class was shocked to see him. When I asked him why he told everyone he was moving he said, "Well...my dad said we were moving to Mexico if Obama won." He then proceeded to tell me that he was upset Obama won, but so glad they weren't moving to Mexico because he didn't know any Spanish.

I just kept my laughter inside... at 10 years old they still don't know when dad is joking...and I think it is adorable.

6 comments:

Sarah K. said...

This is a classic! :P

The Milams said...

Brandon kept saying the same thing...I hope my kids didn't take him serious!

Anonymous said...

The bus leaves tomorrow and I'm already packed. :(

kinsey said...

hilarious!

Nicole said...

That is soo funny. We joked about moving to Canada...

I found your blog from Kelly's Prayer blog. I am adding you to mu list.

John and Kari said...

Kids take things so literal!! I love it! :)