November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

So I've decided that if I can remember, every Thursday I am going to write one thing that I am thankful for. I was blog stalking and saw this on another blog and really liked it. Today I am writing because I am thankful for PRAYER. Oh my goodness, I can't even begin to tell you how much prayer has done for me. I have literally been on my knees lately praying for so many things. My husbands safety, sweet Mason who has been diagnosed with leukemia, expanding our family, the health of all my family members, my sister's new job, my children at school....the list goes on. The things that I am praying for are located on different points on the emotion scale. Sometimes I am angry, other times I am sad...happy, confused, thankful. So many times however, I have turned to the book of Psalm...and I have found that no matter what emotion I am experiencing the result of telling God what was on my mind and my heart ended in an incredible peace. The power of prayer can do many things and for this I am truly thankful.
Psalm 27: 13-14 "Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."

2 comments:

Graham said...

Your post made me tear up. It is so true! You know you are in my prayers daily! Please keep Jack Man in yours! I love you! Call me tomorrow.

Kendra said...

Came over from "Dwelling in the land". I am thankful for prayer too!! Said a prayer for you tonight =-)
Blessings,
kendra