February 9, 2009

Miss Gracie's Monday Surprise....

I'm going to be honest with you...Gracie and I are struggling. We really miss Walt/Daddy. The house just isn't the same without his charasmatic ways. Sure... we get to hog the bed, and Gracie gives me all her kisses, but it still isn't the same. I could really tell that Gracie was down this morning before I left for work. It might have been one of two reasons...

1. I told her that she was going to be getting a bath when I got home from work today.
2. She really misses her dad.
I'd like to think it was the first reason, but I know deep in my heart it is the 2nd. Walt is the type of person that comes home and pays Gracie all the attention first, and then he makes his way over to kiss me. Walt is the type of man that can't go to sleep unless Gracie is on the bed, but is ok if I am in the other room watching t.v. When Walt cooks steaks, he makes a small steak for Gracie and lets her snack on it for a week. He has over 15 songs that he has written especially for her... I wouldn't say he is obsessed with her (well, I wouldn't say that on the computer...but I'd say it to his face) I'd just say that he is in LOVE with her.
So, today when I got home from work I was really excited to see this face:

AKA Miss Heart-throb (at least to all the other dogs in our neighborhood)

I told her that I had something exciting for her...but she would have to be patient and wait until Saturday to open it. This was her face while I was explaining things to her:


She listens so intently. So...what was the surprise? When I went to the mailbox today, I found this:


Straight from here:

Now, if that isn't love...then I don't know what is.... he even made sure he mailed it early so it would get here on time for Gracie on Valentine's Day. Don't worry... I got one too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rush to see you first and the Gracie! I miss you.

the spicer blog said...

You guys are too cute!!!

Jenny M said...

Oh my goodness that is the cutest post ever! Where did you get that doggie shirt?

Jaton said...

Oh my gosh! I think I love Walt, and I don't even know him! LOL You two are such a cute couple! And Miss Gracie too of course!

Sarah K. said...

That is so sweet of him to send you guys cards! BTW how in the world do you get Gracie to wear her hair up? I can't get Jessie to do it even for a minute!

Emily said...

that is tooo stinking cute!

Graham said...

I told Greg you are both so cute!!!! Love you and miss you! XOXOXOXOOX

Mc Allen said...

aww, I love her little face. seriously precious!!! I have a little yorkie too, named bella.. we should get them togther for a play date @ funtastic Island soon!! what a sweet baby and a good dad!! ♥ LA