February 22, 2009

My Kind of Saturday Night

This weekend was low key....exactly how it needed to be. Walt got home from Alaska early Friday morning and mom left Saturday morning to go back to Tejas. (Thank you mom for everything! You are a huge lifesaver!) After mom left, Walt and I had some people over to watch the Baylor v. OSU basketball game. BOO on the outcome. We grilled hamburgers, had good conversation and watched the Bears LOSE...so that was a downer. After the game Sara and Brett decided to hang out with us since I wasn't exactly feeling up to going out. We decided the night would be a little bit of this equation:

+
+
+
+
+
+
(an unsure Gracie...she was worried she wouldn't measure up)
+
=
Game NIGHT!
This is exactly what I needed. It was great to stay in for the night and play games with one of our favorite couples. Brett and Walt are by far the most competitive people I have ever met, so imagine their surprise when this person took first place in Scattergories:

That's right! I do remember Brett's exact quote, "I can't believe we let a teacher beat us." Ladies and gentlemen there was not any Lettin' going on here... I beat everyone by a good 10 points! It was great! We then moved on to Trivial Pursuit and after 2 hours of trying to get a winner we finally accomplished that:Needless to say Walt and I were extremely disappointed when we didn't win...(We always win when we are teamed up together.)Brett of course loved it because there was only one loser for the entire night: AWW! Poor Walt... he was the "loser" of the night! We had such a great time and can't wait for another "game night" with our friends. We've already decided next time we might just get shirts made... Team "Bass"-holes anyone?? just kidding! Thanks for a great Saturday night!

0 comments: