April 5, 2009

Wild Horses?

I told Walt on Wednesday that I would be partaking in "girls night" on Saturday. "What about me?" Walt asked. I told him that he was going to have to figure out something to do because I was spending Saturday night with some of my girlfriends. So last night I went out with my girls and Walt hung out with some of his guy friends from work. The girls met at In the Raw at 9:00 to have sushi and some martinis. I of course, was the only one at the table with a glass of Malbec. After dinner one of the girls suggested we go to Wild Horses. That should have been the first red flag....who names a place Wild Horses? It's like naming a club Pink. There were several red flags that seemed to have followed after that.....We decided we would go with her and give it a try. I knew it was going to be bad when I pulled up and saw this: Hello....red flag # 2
Ok, so we get out and stand in line to get into this "saloon." I felt like I was back in highschool. Remember when you were 18 and you really wanted to go to this dance club because you were so cool and about to go off to college, so you lied to your mom and told her you were spending the night at a friend's house, but ended up going to the club anyway...that was an hour and a half away? Of course, your mother found out, you proceeded to tell her that she couldn't ground you because you had graduated from highschool and were "on your own," but you ended up getting grounded anyway? Remember that time in your life? Or was that just me? Well THIS was that type of place. After standing in line and having the man outside hit on you and tell you, you were "SEEEEEXXXXXYYYY" I walked in to pay my cover charge.... Can't remember the last time I paid a cover charge mind you. And then red flag # 3 happened:

They stamped my hand. At first I couldn't figure it out....then it hit me... this is an 18 and up bar. And let me tell you the salutation was quite nice on the hand, but I can't remember the last time my hand was stamped and I was going home after the night scrubbing it off because I did not want people to know I went out the night before. The age span in this joint was anywhere from 18 to 65... it was definitely a sight to see. Seriously, I just walked into a place and had "Howdy" stamped on my hand. WOW. So...what's a girl to do....take a picture with two of my great girlfriends of course to document this experience. So obviously at this place they play 4 country songs in a row, and then go straight to 4 hard core rap songs. When the country songs are playing you have all those 50-65 year olds out there dancing...and the second you have the rap songs come on....my red flag # 4 comes down from the ceiling....Oh yes....that's right....a disco ball. I know what you're thinking..."Heck Yeah!" Well for those of you that know me, you know that I am a dancer....I LOVE to dance. So, in honor of girls night, we decided to form that awkward circle on the dance floor...you know that circle that lets any guy know, "Hey...we aren't here looking for a guy....don't even think about trying to come and dance on us, or get in the middle of this circle." That's the type of circle we formed. If a guy tried to come and dance with us, our circle would just get tighter...it was great...here we are dancing...in honor of the evening...trying to digest that we WERE actually at this place. And that's when I saw it....red flag # 5. This man was such a hard core dancer. I'm talking he was one of those guys that likes to flick his shirt, so that just a little bit of his stomach shows so you can see that he does work out on the weekdays. I just had to get him in action. I'm thinking he was in the middle of his moonwalk. Red flag # 6 and #7 happened shortly after that. I had two random men come up to me, oh I must mention that if you ever need to feel good about yourself and improve your self esteem this is the place to go, and comment on my purse. Now I know I carry a huge purse, and I probably should have left the purse at home and carried a clutch, but I did NOT think that I was going to end up going to this joint. My purse is rather large and I can hold a LOT of stuff in it. So here I am dancing on the dance floor with my purse clutched to the front of my body...I did leave it in the car, but felt uneasy about that decision so I went back to get it, and I have not one, but two random guys approach me and ask me if I brought an "over night bag" to the bar. They were implying that maybe I felt like I was actually going to go home with someone for the night. Of course I flashed my wedding bands, and proceeded to drop this line, "Oh ha ha, you see my HUSBAND bought this for me for Christmas and I brought my purse in because I know my HUSBAND will be calling me on my cell phone." Needless to say, they left my side pretty fast. I ended up leaving and meeting Walt and his guy friends at McNellies for a while....I do want to comment that I had to take a shower before going to bed because my entire body reeked of smoke...that Saloon...man do they smoke in that Saloon...those Wild Horses.
Even with the fabulous experience of the Wild Horse Saloon I did have a fun night. I loved hanging out with the girls at dinner and going out afterwards....I bet the next time we do this, we WON'T be going to the Wild Horse.....I mean, that's just my guess......

5 comments:

tinythog said...

I will definitely remember this the next time I am going out with the girls! :D Or anyone for that matter!

Graham said...

That is too funny! Sounds like Graham Central Station.

Jenny M said...

Oh my goodness that is funny.

JBW said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious! Your blog is always entertaining but that takes the cake!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

I tagged you on my blog! Would love to see your "then and now"!