June 27, 2009

Cheerio!

Hello Blog World! I am back!! Whew, what a whirlwind these last 3 weeks have been! Let's see...I went to London, came home on the 23...drove to Houston on the 24th...interviewed for a job on the 25th, got a job on the 25th...and then made the 9 hour drive back to Owasso on the 25th for a doctor's appointment on the 26th! So...what did I do yesterday? Nada. I. layed. on. the. couch. That's it.

When I left for London I left with two of the Twilight series books. One of my parents gave them to me and wanted me to read it. I thought, seriously? A book about vampires? Yeah, right. Not gonna happen for me. Well...I was wrong. It wasn't that I was "obsessed" I would look down and notice that I just read a 100 pages, so why not read more. Right? So...while in London, I read the ENTIRE Twilight series, AND I read My Sister's Keeper. Poco and I decided that we would read it, and then go see the movie together. Talk about a tear jerker. I woke up early every morning just so I could read.

So...how was LONDON? 4 syllables...In-Cred-I-Ble. incredible. Not only did the Tube go on strike for 2 days, I saw three shows, went to high tea TWICE, ate at FABULOUS restaurants, and bought several things in store where everything was 5 pounds...everything.

Clearly I can't upload all 237 pictures that I took onto my blog. You would be scrolling down forever...so I picked my top 100 and made a small slide show. I will however, tell you what I did every day I was there. This is more for my sake, so when I go back into my archives, I know exactly what I did.

Mon. June 8--Arrived in London at 9 a.m., got to the hotel, was woken up by a freaking fire alarm the second I went to sleep. NICE. Ate dinner at The Victoria Pub.

Tues. June 9--Hung out with Walt's Boss' Wife, Jan. We went to Harrods and had High Tea at Harvey Nichols. That night Walt and I ate at Masala Palace (Indian Food) obviously I ordered something I was highly allergic too...my stomach broke out in whelps.

Wed. June 10--Toured Kensington Palace with Jan and one of my good friends Jill. Went to Nando's for dinner.

Thurs. June 11-Toured Westminster Abbey with Jill. This place is amazing! Walt and I watched all of the seasons of The Tudors before we left (if you haven't watched this...RENT IT) and to be able to go through Westminster Abbey and know that Henry the 8th, Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth were there....I can't tell you the chills that I had walking through. We spent 4 hours in there. Walt and I went to Gaucho for dinner to celebrate our 3 year anniversary.

Fri. June 12--Went back to Harrods with Jill. Walked around Oxford street all day. Went to the National Gallery with Walt, Jill, Shea, Chris, Jeremy and LaToya. Went to A-S-K for dinner (great Italian food) then went the Mahiki bar and stayed out till 3 in the morning!

Sat. June 13--Portobella Market (in Nottinghill) with Walt, layed in the sun at Hyde Park. Ate at a GREAT Thai restaurant inside the pub Churchill Arms.

Sun. June 14--Walt and I went to church at Westminster Abbey. Imagine the ALL BOYS CHOIR singing...angelic! Walt and I toured the Imperial War Museum and the Churchill Museum and Cabinet War rooms. This was where Winston Churchill and his cabinet stayed during WWII...completely hidden underground. Ate a Nando's for dinner...amazing chicken restaurant. I had the grilled portobella wrap...I ate this 5 times I was there.

Mon. June 15--Changing of the Guards with Jill. Toured the V&A museum....went to the "fashion" exhibit and was able to see how fashion has evolved over the last 200 years. Ate at A-S-K with the whole group.

Tues. June 16--Toured St. Paul's Cathedral with Jill. Went to High Tea at the Wolseley with Walt. Went to see MAMA MIA! Most amazing musical ever! Walt LOVED it....and was still singing the songs ONE WEEK after we went. He might have even said that he wants to rent the DVD when he gets home today!

Wed. June 17--Jill left. Just kind of laid low. Read a lot. Went to a Moroccan restaurant for dinner with the gang.

Thurs. June 18--Shopped all day long with LaToya. Went to Nando's for lunch/dinner. The group went to see WICKED!! (Thought the New York production was better.)

Fri. June 19--LaToya and I met the audit group for lunch. We ate at some Indian restaurant that was really good. We then all went to the "London" Bridge, had dinner at Gaucho's, then spent the rest of the time, walking around London.

Sat. June 20--Natural History Museum with Walt. Nando's for Lunch. Went to see Peter Pan in Hyde Park with Walt...so good. Went back to the Thai restaurant inside the pub Churchill Arms. Went to a fun wine bar with Walt, Chris and Lindsay called The Botanist.

Sun. June 21--British Museum, British Library (where I got to see the Magna Carta!) and Camden Market with Walt. Dinner at Biagi's with Walt, Chris, and Lindsay.

Mon. June 22-Finished Eclipse (the third book in Twilight) Walked around London ALL NIGHT with Walt...went to eat Nando's for dinner.

Tues. June 23--Read the entire fourth book of Twilight on the plane home. THE ENTIRE BOOK.

So...needless to say...I had the time of my life, yes, I was exhausted and Oh yeah...I did rent Twilight last night and watch it. I've turned into "that girl." Walt gets home today....we move on the 7th and will be in Houston on the 10th! I have a lot going on in the next couple of weeks! But...it feels so good to be back in Blogland!
xxCHEERSxx


8 comments:

John and Kari said...

Welcome back!! It looks like you had a blast! What school district will you be working for in Houston?

P.S. I am just starting Eclipse. I felt the same way about the Twilight series. But they are just so easy to read and of course I just have to keep reading to find out what happens next!!

Kellie Staats said...

I have to admit.. I am a teacher too and ...I read your blog all the time but never say anything!

London looks awesome!!! I am about to get married and can not wait to go on vacation!

Where school district are you going to be teaching in? I teach in Cy-Fair ISD.

Hope I didn't freak you out! Good Luck Moving to this hot, humid, place! :)

Kellie

Kellie Staats said...

Katy.. really.. I live in cypress VERY close to Katy! Awesome.. I am actually really thinking about moving school districts to Katy ISD..Let me know how it is!! Yeah, we should meet up.. I'm excited :)

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

looks like yall had a wonderful trip!! I would love to go to London one day! When the time comes, you'll have to give me tips!

I loved the series too! I was the same, I didn't want to read them at first but after book one, I was hooked!

poco said...

and I love how u mention how awesome ur sis was for dog sitting ...

The Zipser Family said...

Glad you had a wonderful time! I also read the twilight series, loved it and was very surprised that I did. Welcome back to tx

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! I've been trying to decide if I want to read the Twilight series. Also, I have talked to several other people who were all in London during the Tube strike. If only I had known I would know so many people in town at one time! Shoulda coulda woulda.

thoughts. said...

ok its amanda marquis from third grade and i hated reading but when i left ur class i loved it i also am reading the twilight series im hooked i read all four books in four days im re reading them welcome back to tx