July 12, 2009

400 sq. ft. home

Walt and I made it safely to Houston on Friday night. We checked right in to our "extended stay hotel," all 400 square feet of it. I'm talking no place to just get away from each other...unless of course, we use the restroom and close that door. Other than that...we are exposed to each other all the time.
Gracie has adjusted quite well....she's super spoiled. We went looking at houses Fri/Sat/and Sunday and she went with us into every house. The cleaning crew here won't clean our room unless the dogs are out of the room....that isn't the case for Gracie. We left her in the room today while we were at the pool...and low and behold, they cleaned the room with sweet Gracie in it. So..all is well here. Walt and I will probably be in this extended stay for close to two months...don't be jealous.

7 comments:

the spicer blog said...

Clay and I did this at one point in our life, and what can I say- it makes great marriages even better! Lots of laughs- that's the prescription for making it work! Can't wait to see you new home in Houston!!!

Leslee said...

Hey I know you dont know me but if you ever need a tour or every want to do lunch, I live in Houston. :) I must have missed whats going on with a previous post. Anyways...if yall need help with anything or need to know any info feel free to email me.

lesleepesak@yahoo.com

Kellie Staats said...

Aw..Its cute!!! Where are yall staying??? I'm glad you got here okay.

poco said...

u can always come to Dallas.. oh wait you are, but not to see your sister.. That's right GRACIE is on the PATIO!!!!

Jenna said...

Hi Meredith and Walt! Late to join your blog but I'm sadly just figuring this out :) I'm trying to get better about updating mine! Hope you're well and good luck in Houston!!

thoughts. said...

u could also always come back to allen we all miss u we havent talk in like two years but if u dont remeber me im amanda marquis from ur last year at reed elm. u were my third grade teacher also the best in all my seven years at that school and now i can say that cuz i gradutated i was at ur wedding second row on the left reserved just for ur class.. i miss u so much and well i want to see u so if ur ever near allen please give me a call if u have a minute please oh yeah at ur wedding u also told me i was ur favorite student well accutaly at the recpition but we all dance to our third grade theme song so call me if u ever have a minute... ps. WE ARE FAMILY!!!!! is now my favorite song cuz of u so call me 972-533-0356

Lindsey said...

at least your hotel room is a little bit cute. i'm sure ya'll will have many memories from the 2 months spent there. so glad you are back in TX! let me know when you make it to DFW! i would love to see you.