July 21, 2009

Bass/McKamy Reunion

You've often heard me talk about Matt and Sue. They are the couple that we traveled to Europe with for 3 weeks. While there we went to Italy, Slovenia and then boarded a week cruise to Greece, Turkey and Croatia. You know when you have found great couple friends when you spend the entire three weeks together. On that trip we never once "broke away" from each other.
Matt and Sue just got married in March. They now live in Rockwall, TX and this weekend Walt and I went up there to visit them. We were so excited about going to see the McKamy's, AND we were also so excited to be able to stay in a "house" and not a "hotel." Matt and Sue had the ENTIRE weekend planned for us. There was not a dull moment. Friday night Walt and I arrived around 8:00 and we took a tour around their amazingly, beautiful home. I would have never guessed that they just moved in, in March....every room was decorated so adorable! We stayed up Friday night and just talked until 2 in the morning. It was great getting to catch up with them.
Saturday morning we woke up around 9 to a wonderful breakfast cooked by no one other than Chef Matt McKamy. We had scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, bagels...everything you can think of...and it was darn good! After breakfast Matt, Walt and Tyler (Matt's brother) went to play 18 holes of golf, while Sue and I went to the spa. We had pedicures and massages....so wonderful! After our "spa day," Sue and I went to the Country Club pool, ordered grilled cheeses and chicken fingers, read our gossip magazines and hung out by the pool. WHAT A GREAT TREAT!! I loved just being able to catch up with Sue AND be able to discuss celebrity gossip....isn't girl time the greatest?!?!
Saturday night, Matt and Sue had arranged for us (Me, Walt, Matt, Sue, Tyler and Sheena) to go sailing on the Lake Hubbard. It was so much fun! We boarded the boat at 7 and we were on the sailboat for 2 hours AND watched the sunset. It was fabulous!! I had never been on a sailboat before and I loved every minute of it...especially all the "sailing" songs that our captain downloaded for us to listen too! ha! After dinner we went to Gloria's and had great mexican food. We then all came back to the house and played Cranium and Mad Gab until 3 in the morning! While playing those games we did bust out the dvd that Matt had created from our trip to Europe! It was so fun to be able to look back on all the wonderful things that we experienced....we had some great laughs! Matt and Sue were incredible hosts and we are so thankful for their friendship and love them very much!! Can't wait to see them in two weeks when we spend a weekend in Galveston at the beach!
It really is great to be able to get away on the weekends and not have to be stuck in the small hotel room. This weekend we will be going up to Daingerfield for some much needed family time. I must also say thank you to Poco. Walt left Monday for Midland, so I stayed in Texas and spent Sunday and Monday with Poco. Thank you for always letting me stay at your place, and for kicking my butt at our workout. I love you and I love getting to spend time with you!!

This is a horrible picture of both of us. Walt was trying to be funny and my hair is just awful...but here we are on our sunset sail!



Me and my Suebear after the sun had set. Love this girl!


I'm sailing away.......

The girls...Sue, Me and Sheena. Of course my hair would be the only one blowing in the wind.

Walt and Matt observing the lake...ok...maybe it was staged...ha!
The boys...Walt. Matt and Tyler. What a fun night!


6 comments:

Lindsey said...

looks like fun! i love your dress, mer.

Jen McCrady said...

i love your dress!

Poco said...

Oh heyyyy mer wonder where that dress is from??!? haha

Thanks for coming and staying with me not in Texas but in Dallas you liveeee in TEXAS NOW!!! I had so much fun like always and hate to see you guys leave! Can't wait till I get to see yall hopefully in 2 weeks!! and Sue and matt as well!! LOVE YOU

Mt. Marcy said...

I, too, love the dress!

Sue said...

Miss you guys already!! Bass/McKamy Reunion...success! We had a BLAST! So glad we had a weekend to catch up on everything. Can't wait for more fun in a few more weeks. Love ya'll oh soo much!

Unknown said...

Nice regards from Croatia!