February 10, 2010

Here's the status....

I've been 3 cm dilated and 75% effaced for 3 weeks.... the doctor put me on partial bed rest thinking this girl would come early...ha ha ha.
I've been consider full term for almost three weeks, and have been taken off partial bed rest and still.....nothing.
Walt and I went to the doctor today.... I am now 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. Seriously.
So... we spoke to the doctor and if Eloise is not here by next Friday she wants to induce. This will be several days before my due date... Well..it will be the 19th and my due date is the 22nd...but because she is so low, and she has been hanging out for so long, the doctor thinks it would be best...and it's a weekend, so it's all good.
SOOOOO....if she doesn't come before then...I'll be a mom by the 19th of February for sure! I'm secretly hoping she hangs out until then because this would really work out in my favor... is that bad??!!
So now I guess it is T minus 9 days....and counting!


Jenette said...

I'm so glad I saw this update! Didn't know you were still chillin' at school:) I thought for sure Eloise would have come over the weekend! Prayers are with you and your girl. I'm so excited for you!!!

kinsey said...

so exciting!! don't those doctors always seem to get hopes up and then the baby decides to hang out longer?! ha! i had hank at 38 weeks 2 days but i wasn't expecting to have him early so it was a sweet surprise. no matter when eloise comes, i know yall are so ready! please keep us in blog land posted :-)

BabyGraham said...

Yea! Can't wait to see my beautiful niece! She is loved already by her aunt, uncle and 2 cousins!