March 8, 2010

Some welcomed visitors and one not so welcomed visitor.....


I promise you that my blog will not ONLY consists of updates on Eloise...but, for now, she seems to be consuming my entire life, and so you will just have to deal with it! I can't believe that we are already onto the 3rd week of this sweet baby's life!! Friday was her 2 week birthday and I must say that things get easier every day. I had my mother here for the first week, and Walt's mom was here last week. I really appreciated both of their help. I am thankful for such wonderful family. Last week I had an unexpected visitor...mastitis...OH.MY.WORD. if you have ever experienced this...BLESS YOU. I don't really ever share TMI, but I'm going to share just a little....this happens while breastfeeding...google it if you want, but let me tell you it is extremely painful. I was put on an antibiotic and told to start pumping for now...can you imagine pumping every 3 hours? I felt like Elsie the cow... literally. The antibiotic seemed to be working really well...but then on Sunday, I woke up and it was right back to what it had been on Tuesday. So...after much talking with Walt, we have decided to switch to formula. Does this make me a bad mother? I don't think so. My mother had mastitis with me, and I was a formula baby and I think I turned out just fine. Thankfully, my family supports me 100% and that is all that I care about. Eloise seems to be taking the formula just fine....actually she is eating between 3 and 4 ounces every time! WHOA fatty!! Hopefully this will pack on the pounds...I've told the girl...this is the only time in your life where it is OK to have a double chin and rolls...so take advantage NOW! I think she is listening!
On Saturday I received 2 unexpected surprises....my teammate from school, Beth,came to visit, and brought me a happy gift!! She figured Eloise was getting all the attention, so she thought of me! I can't wait to wear my super cute flip flops out!! Let's hope it stays warm...BRING ON SPRING!! Thank you Beth for coming by...Eloise loved sleeping on you!! (and spittng up!)
And...one of my sweet students from Tulsa sent me a package in the mail. (Well...his amazing momma sent me a package...I'm so blessed)
Look at this cute bag and little get up outfit that Eloise gets to wear! I can't wait to put it on her and take her out on the town....

Isn't this bag just ADORABLE!!

I love anything with her name on it...I'm big on monogramming!!

Too cute for words! Won't she look PRECIOUS!

Just another close up of the bag...I can't get enough of her name....she has a HUGE legacy to fill...named after two incredible women!

Then on Sunday we had ANOTHER set of visitors...thankfully these visitors were extremely welcomed in our house! My sweet friend JoDee came by with her precious baby boy, Carson and her husband, Sean yesterday. (Click on her link for more pics and a VIDEO) we had so much fun! Eloise was only 16 days old and she was already sleeping with a boy..haha!! She had her first little play date...of course, they slept most of the time, but that is ok!!
And then my sweet friend Eva came by and visited with us for a while. Eva is a wonderful friend from college and I was SOOO glad to catch up with her! Thank you for Eloise's sweet gifts....we will NOT go this long without seeing each other again!



I think I am really getting the hang of this mommy thing. Eloise did GREAT last night. Now..she was not so great the night before, and I probably just jinxed it right now, but so be it. She slept from 10:00-12:00 and then from 1:-2:45 and then finally from 3:40-6:15. Walt even got up for the 2:45 feeding, which is something he has not been able to do because I was breast feeding...definitely a big plus! I've already done a load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, set out dinner for tonight and now I am watching Good Morning America and drinking coffee!! This is what sweet little pumpkin is doing at the moment....

I have 15 more minutes until I need to wake her up to eat....let's hope today goes as smoothly as yesterday!! Like I've said before...it gets easier every single day!! Walt and I are very blessed!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Doing formula does NOT make you a bad mother. Big applause for trying breastfeeding...I think there are many benefits, but ultimately the most important thing is that Mommy is healthy and rested. Plus, both of you received much benefit by doing it for the few weeks you did. Do not give it another thought...though I know you will because you are a mom! :-) Glad you are enjoying your little one!! They do tend to consume you...I think this goes on for many years (if not a lifetime!)

JoDee said...

Well, Meredith, you know I love this post! What cute babies we have! :) I understand how you might feel bad about formula feeding- it seems like everyone out there is pushing breastfeeding and making moms feel guilty if it doesn't work out for them. Ignore it! You're an amazing mom! Glad you and Eloise had such a great night! I'm also watching Good Morning America- but my "sweet" little son is NOT sleeping! :)

The Zipser Family said...

Love her, she is so sweet. UGGG about the mastitis (spelling??). You should NOT feel guilty at all about not breast feeding she will be just fine and more importantly you will be too!

Elizabeth said...

sweet baby girl! :) don't think twice about formula! the "m" word is HORRRRIBLE!!! And I HATED pumping!!! I bf for four months - and then my little guy had enough of me - so we switched to formula! I felt so guilty at first - but then realized that a Mommy has to do what a Mommy has to do...but let me tell you...the freedom that comes with that bottle is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Enjoy your sweet one!