July 19, 2010

Where have we been?

Where have we been? Why have we been gone for soooo long?
Well...last week that little girl that you see above and her momma packed up their bags and headed out on a little vacay for a week. Now Eloise is a traveler...BUT this was the first time that we traveled by ourselves without daddy. We headed up to Dallas on Monday to spend some quality time with Aunt Poco. While we were there we went to eat, went shopping and even spent the day with Aunt Poco and Gambi at Gambi's house. We had so much fun!! On Thursday, we headed to the airport...for Eloise's FIRST plane ride!! We headed out to North Carolina to visit my older sister, Nichole, my brother in law and my niece and nephew. Thank goodness that Aunt Poco decided to come with us. I would have NEVER made it without her. She was such a HUGE help on the plane...how lucky we are to have her SO close!
Eloise was great on the plane. She slept for the first 30 minutes, and then was awake the rest of the time, just playing...and POOPING! She decided that while she was taking a nap that she would poop ON ME! I very quickly took her to the bathroom to change her. Once I got in there I realized that I grabbed the wrong bag and didn't have wipes, but thankfully had a diaper! Eloise just laughed and laughed. I brought her extra clothes, but they were in the other bag...and I didn't think that I was going to need extra clothes for me. So I changed her, and we went back out to our seat...and Eloise was pretty much naked (with a diaper on). I of course stunk up the whole plane, but no one seemed to be bothered by it, or at least they didn't tell me. Right before we landed, I put Eloise into another outfit and it was literally smooth sailing!

Here she is on the plane AFTER her accident

What momma? I didn't do anything TOO bad, did I?

Was a GREAT traveler!

Once we got to NC, Nichole and my nephew Jack picked us up. We then headed to Nichole's work so she could do a little last minute email. Here is Jack meeting his cousin for the first time:

When we got to Nichole's house, Eloise was exhausted...she had only slept for 30 minutes all day. So, we put her in the crib with her sweet cousin, Claire. Claire is 3 weeks older than Eloise. How fun for these two girlies!!

Claire has the long skinny legs...Eloise is the short chunky monkey


While the girls were napping we got some pics of Aunt Poco and Jack...he loves his Aunt Poco SOOO much...who wouldn't?

Jack is such a good sport. Nichole had just gotten in a bunch of bows for Claire's hair... I thought it would be fun to put them in his hair and take pics... he's so handsome!!


Once Claire woke up, it was time for pics. This was the first time Aunt Poco and Aunt Meredith had seen their sweet niece. She is truly perfect!!


That night, Uncle Greg decided to keep watch over the three babies, and the sisters went to dinner. We went to a place called Micky's and they had $5 martinis... so fun!! Nichole's friend Michael decided to join us. It was great catching up and just hanging out!!

Blueberry Pomegranate Martini...yummy!

Here we are!

Friday morning was spent just lounging around with the babies.... look at those pretty girls.. all three of them!

Claire and Eloise are both obsessed with their fingers...perfect pic!

I just love taking pictures of the sweet cousins together


best friends

Eloise LOVED Uncle Greg! Greg is such a wonderful uncle and Eloise loved being held by him. He's a natural.


On Friday afternoon we went to the pool. Gambi bought the girls matching swim suits. Here they are before taking a dip!

Nichole had these sweet outfits monogrammed for our babies. This was the first of many photoshoots!
Claire LOVED to reach for her cousin

beautiful baby



Claire: "Eloise, did you know you're my best friend?"

Eloise: "Claire, you're my best friend too."
Claire: "Eloise, I just love you!"

Eloise: "Oh goodness Claire, don't make me blush...I love you too!"

Claire: "Best friends forever, ok?"
Eloise: "Always"

Friday night we got a babysitter and the adults went out. We had dinner at a wonderful seafood resturant, and then went to hear a local band play. We finished off the night by going to another martini bar... it was so fun!

Greg totally into the conversation

Love my sisters!!
Saturday morning, I went with Nichole to Little Gym to watch Jack. Poco stayed behind and babysat Claire and Eloise. Jack LOVES gymnastics and he is SOOO good at everything!


Saturday morning was another photoshoot. This was another outfit that Nichole purchased for the girls. After the photshoot, we went to Birkdale...a wonderful outdoor shopping area, and then to the country club for lunch!
Such pretty girls

Aunt Poco was making Claire laugh

holding hands

Look at us in the double stroller!!

Saturday night we had a babysitter again. We went to a great sushi restaurant, then went to the Fox and the Hound Pub and finished the night off at a great little bar on the lake. It was so great to spend time with my sisters... we don't do it often enough!



On Sunday before we left, Jack decided he wanted to put on the tutu that Aunt Poco got for Claire. Greg didn't like it too much...but I think it's adorable!!

This was our last photoshoot... the little lemons were such great picture takers...



On the plane ride home, Eloise didn't make a peep. She slept as we took off, woke up for a bit, and then fell back asleep. She was PERFECT! Would most definitely travel with her again! Here she is after the plane ride...

SO sad to leave all our family after a week of fun. Eloise and I packed up our stuff and then drove the 4 hours back to Houston. We had two people that really missed us... Gracie and Daddy..

It was obvious that Daddy missed Eloise. This was waiting for her when we got home...

along with this sweet note....

We had so much fun with family...but Eloise was worn out! She slept today until 9:00!!
Thank you so much Aunt Poco for helping us out with everything! We LOVE YOU! Thank you Aunt Nichole and Uncle Greg for letting us come! We LOVE YOU! Cousins Jack and Claire... Eloise can't wait to see you again!
And to Gambi...thank you for taking us and picking us up! and for the fun time at the pool on Wednesday!
Wouldn't it be fun, if we all lived closer?
What a wonderful week!!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Ok, this is just about the cutest post ever! You guys are precious and your kids even more so...thanks for sharing!

Jenette said...

Your family has some gorgeous girls--babies and adults!! And, Jack is pretty darn dashing himself:) Oh, and the note from Walt??? That just sent this preggo to crying-how incredibly sweet!

Graham said...

Sooo cute! We miss you so much! Please kiss Eloise as hard as you can! Jack Man has cried 3 times asking for Meredif and Aunt Poco. It breaks my heart!

kinsey said...

yall are all so cute!! what a special time with family. i miss those grahams and want to meet claire so bad!!

The Zipser Family said...

So precious!!! I wish I was there. Those little ones are so cute together! So glad ya'll got some adult time too :)

Lindsey said...

ok, first i have to say that the pics of eloise and her cousin are adorable! so fun. i also have to add that i cracked up when i saw your "rebels" t-shirt from freshman year! go flag football... and yes, mine is still in my drawer too :)

pomegranate martini said...

At first, I thought they were twins! For a moment there, I missed having babies in the house, lol! My youngest, 4-year old twin boys, are all grown up. They really have a few tricks of their own now, :)
The good thing though, is that now I can confidently enjoy my own pomegranate martini mix every so often, lol! By the way, I'm quite intrigued with your version, blueberries huh, nice!

Yelda said...

all the pics are just precious! you wilson girls really have given birth to perfect little babies! kisses to you all. love yelda