November 16, 2010

Walt's Birthday Weekend





Just wanted to add a little "happy" to either get you through your morning, or
get you through your afternoon.
Walt and I took Christmas card pictures last week, and clearly these are the ones that did NOT make the final cut....but they are still cute anyways, and they make me smile.

This past weekend was Walt's birthday.
To celebrate, Walt and I went to Austin on Friday to watch one of our favorite musicians, Ray LaMontagne, perform. He is most definitely better LIVE than he is on CD...and that is saying something about an artist. We met Preston and Ashley there in Austin and all enjoyed the concert together. He was Ah-mazing! Can't wait to see him again.
Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take any pictures at Bass Hall on UT's campus, so Walt and I snapped this picture just before going in....
Me with the Birthday Boy

Saturday morning, Walt and I woke up and drove to Waco. Where was Eloise? Her Lalee and Uncle Tucker came in on Friday, and they watched her at our house. Walt and I drove to Baylor campus...
First stop: Common Grounds...quite possibly the best coffee ever, on the face of the Earth.
Then we decided we would walk around Baylor's campus and relive some old memories. Walt used to walk me to class, back in the day when he was "courting" me...so of course we had to take that route once again.
Good Ole Baylor
Oh how I miss thee.....

After our little leisurely stroll, we then headed to George's to meet up with our friends.
I, being the pregnant woman that I am, was way too focused on the food, and didn't take any pictures! But, we then made our way to Cricket's and hung out some more of our friends.
It's always a treat when we get to see Madison and Lauren!

So happy Poco came down for the game

Some of the girls...

Pat and Lauren

Part of the crew

We then checked into our hotel and got ready for the game...
Here we are once again, sporting our Baylor gear

We made it to the game before kick-off...however, we weren't expecting the game to be SOOOO packed...actually, SOLD OUT! I have never been a part of a winning team before...Walt and I had to walk more than several blocks to make it into the game from where we FINALLY found a parking spot...



I couldn't believe the fans...
If this is what it is like to be a part of a winning team...
BRING IT ON!!

I couldn't even stand...I had to stand on the bleachers, in front of Walt...there was absolutely NO ROOM...it was awesome....like Oh-My-Gaw!!

We left during half time and made our way to George's tent to hang out with more friends...
I couldn't miss the opportunity to get another pic with the Pokes

and what do you know...old roomies reunited!
When Walt saw Max, this made his entire weekend!

Unfortunately, we lost...hey...you can't win them all right?!?!
After the game, we headed back to the hotel and got up bright and early Sunday morning.
I wanted to hurry and get home.... and who wouldn't?
When I got home, I was ready for my Sunday afternoon nap...and so were my two babies...
It's not the best picture of me...but now you see why I was ready to come back home...
I have so much waiting for me!!

3 comments:

Yelda said...

She is SO CUTE! love the pics of her in the box!! so cute!

Rathi said...

The box pics are too cute! We need to take K's pics soon!

Momma said...

Two Babies in a BOX! I love it!