February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet Eloise Betty!


so, i'm an idiot. I had this post all done...and then I went back and saw that I didn't even post a picture of the COOKIES and MILK table. Hmm...her theme WAS Cookies and MILK! So..now some of the pics are out of order. Here are the Mason jars that the adults drank out of. Children had their choice of white, chocolate or strawberry milk and they had 5 different cookies to choose from.


Now on to the real post....from the beginning.

How in the world could I possibly have a one year old? I can remember the day of Eloise's birth like it was yesterday. Since I was induced, I was able to get up and shower, and make myself look all pretty....but something didn't feel right. I asked Walt if we could go into Eloise's room and pray together, and then once we got to the hospital, I asked my doctor what was the percentage that something would go wrong. I just had this feeling. Long story short, Eloise took a while to get here, and once she was here she had to fight for a couple of days. And now...I have a happy, healthy, beautiful, if I do say so myself, one year old.
Where did the year go?
How did I get so lucky?
I remember the long, sleepless nights....those are long gone
I remember a sweet baby who was eating every three hours...that is no more
Looking back in her baby book, during the first month I noted that she stayed up all night long....I now have a baby that goes to bed at 7 and sleeps until 7
Hard? Beyond belief.
Worth it? To know that I get to wake up and experience a miracle every single day...guess that's a yes, huh?
Thank you God for allowing me to be a mother.
and
Thank you God for giving me a wonderful, loving family...with a pint sized little blessing that makes everything all worth it.








Eloise's 1st birthday party was on her actual birthday, Feb. 19th. The theme was cookies and milk; therefore, everything was pink, brown and white. (chocolate, white and strawberry milk)
We had about 40 guests at our house and it was so fun.
My family and Walt's family came in (except for my sis who live in North Carolina)
and all of our closest friends were there. Eloise had a blast! She definitely LOVED the cake, and we were overwhelmed with gifts!
On Eloise's actual birthday she was semi walking around...well, it is now Thursday and we have an official "walker" on our hands! She kind of looks like the Michelin Tire Man (that big blimp)when she walks...it is quite humorous.
Walt took her to get her one year shots on Monday.
E is in the 50th percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for height.

Here was the candy table

Eloise's smash cake
which was soooo yummy! it was just a chocolate cake with buttercream icing, but
OMG


The birthday cake for our guests



guests were given party favors that were pre-made cake mix! I figured it was only fitting if they were at a cookies and milk themed birthday party.
I don't think I can ever look at another m&m again.
I had to separate all of the red m&m's from Valentine's out of the mixes...we now have like 3 tupperware full of red m&ms.

up close picture of the favors

guest were greeted with a montage of Eloise's 12 month pictures.
I thought this turned out really cute and it was neat to see how she has grown.


the mantle.
I picked a favorite picture from each month of her life thus far

momma and daddy
with the
birthday girl!!
we are all in brown, pink, and white!


time to sing "happy birthday!"

this little ham LOVED all the attention...
she just clapped, and clapped once everyone started singing

mmm...cake is good

the cake is really good
and I decided there was no reason as to why she HAD to wear a bib
it's just cake....it came out when we washed it....
and we had another outfit to change into


some of our friends
Carson is the 1st friend Eloise EVER met
Stella is Eloise's first real GIRL friend

Colton with his momma and daddy
Eloise and Colton go to the same homecare....
I would totally be ok if they ended up together

me and with part of my team

brother and sister

momma and daddy bought Eloise a "pink cozy coupe" for her birthday
I think you can tell by her face...that she LOVED it.

opening up some gifts

see that outfit change? So precious

Eloise was baptized the next day at our church, St. Luke's United Methodist.
Ironically enough the sermon was about imperfect parents raising imperfect children...it could not have been MORE Perfect.
Eloise's grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunt and uncle, and our closest friends were there.
Before we got out of the car I asked God to send His blessings down upon her...what do you know that little angel slept the entire sermon. :)
We then all came back to the house and had lunch together.
It was perfect.
The weekend was perfect.
Now we are just all trying to recoup in this house.
With a walker on our hands...it's pretty difficult.

James 1:7 "Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

9 comments:

Emily said...

So adorable!!! What a cute theme!! I love it!!! She is so adorable!!!

Bonnie said...

That theme is so cute! You did a great job & the cakes look delish! My little boy, Jarrett, is now 14 months and STILL not walking. Everyone is telling me it takes boys longer than girls :P

kinsey said...

happy birthday eloise!! she is so darn cute! and yeah for walking...i know it gets crazy with that. imagine our house where crazy hank was running at 10 months!! ha.

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

hi! I am a fellow blogger...but I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog.

Eloise is just beautiful! I, too, am in the Houston area! I have a 9 month old son & I am slowly making preparations for his 1st bday. I wanted to ask you...where did you get the adorable bday banner on your mantle?

Congratulations on baby girl #2 :)
Tiffany

Rathi said...

Loved the entire post! Her second outfit is PRECIOUS!!! Love the theme and the decorations were too cute! We are about to celebrate K's birthday next saturday (owl theme).. Can't believe the girls are one!!

Marci said...

Meredith! You are totally awesome and creative! I'm so archiving this post for Margo's first birthday...she's having an Orange and Pink Polka Dot Party. I love all the extras you did like the front door with her monthly pictures and the dessert table. Margo and Eloise have almost the exact same baby book too, except M's has a flower instead of a bow. Great job on everything and Happy belated Birthday to sweet Eloise. She is just lovely!
~Marci

Anonymous said...

A woman named Kellie follows your blog. I am guessing you don't know her story. On Feb. 17th she was teaching kindergarten when she got the worst call of her life. Her 4 month old baby died in the care of the babysitter. Kellie is a wonderful woman who needs our help! If you could see her blog and feel inspired, it would be amazing if you could do a post about the auction they are doing on this coming Monday, the 28th. They are trying to raise enough money to (in the future) have another child and be able to stay at home with them full-time. Kellie and James didn't deserve what happened to them. Could you please help out a wonderful family in need by posting the link to the auction on your site? Thank you.

http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com/

The auction site:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44960&id=186874161353204

Kinsey Weegar said...

What a precious party and precious birthday girl! Everything looks so cute!

JoDee said...

Great party, Mer! Seriously- every detail was ADORABLE! You may want to start a party planning business!!
Eloise is such a funny little girl- so much personality in such a tiny little body! :)
Saw your comment on my BOB post- would LOVE to go running with you this summer! I'm actually improving- who knew?