August 4, 2011

So very thankful...

aww yes, today is my birthday.
last year before i hit the big 3-0.
maybe i should do something monumental this year to celebrate my last year in my twenties...
run a marathon, maybe? yeah right.
get pregnant? haha!
do something for someone else every day for the next year? sounds great, but won't happen.
Nah...i'll just keep doing what i am doing i guess.
i live a good life.

i've received some birthday love today on facebook..
facebook knows how to make you feel special huh?

my sweet momma got me the dress that i wanted...
picture=horrible iphone quality...
but, i will be sporting this dress at the first Baylor game this year...

oh and my sweet little darling husband got me my third band.
i know, i know...three bands?
well...i had two when we got married...
and emerson's birthstone is conveniently a diamond...so i asked for another band...this way i could wear all three...and wear my engagment ring on my right finger...which is the proper way to do it anyway, right?
i mean, i have eloise's birthstone...i HAVE to be fair to my other daughter.
that was the way i proposed it to walt.

Lalee, Pops, and Uncle Tucker got me a gift card to my favorite store ever....
HOBBY LOBBY!!


and if you remember correctly, little poco got us a birthday cake over the weekend...
and she had already gotten me a monogrammed pillow that i wanted.
mine says w+m

and my sweet friend sarah got me the necklace that i wanted...two round charms with my girls' names stamped on them.
love.
don't worry...i know those aren't my girls' names.

also, my dearest friend, sue, she got me a super hip top and scarf for what else??
THE BAYLOR GAMES.
girl, must know me well...she knows when i go shopping, i always look for green and gold.
she knows this because she does the same thing.


so...i've had a great birthday...
had a playdate with a close friend, ate some cupcakes...
and

i woke up to this:


and this:


so...those two little girls...are the greatest gifts ever.
happy birthday to me!

but, why the title?

Oh..I will tell you why I am so very thankful...

I am so VERY thankful that I have tile and wood floors.
why, you ask?

this picture right here should explain....

*disclaimer: the lid is duct taped because eloise kept putting the lid down and wanting to sit on the lid to potty...duct tape fixed that...
duct tape fixes everything.

oh, i know...some of you are thinking eloise is too young.
but, i've gone through the checklist...her body is like clock work...
she can tell me when she is going potty...
she tugs at her diapers...
she hates diaper changes...
so i said...it's time.
i know it will take some time as well..i'm not expecting this to happen over night.
but...let me tell you...two girls in diapers...yeah, i'd rather spend that extra money on a new outfit or something...haha. not for me, for the girls. :)
and we are doing the completely bare down there method.....
she wears nothing down there...and the potty travels with us...bedroom, bathroom, kitchen...
hey...so far we are winning in the dept. of potty training.
has she had accidents?
YEPPERS...
all OVER the tile floor...cue the "uh-oh" now.....
and with someone looking like this all day:


one can see why
i am EXTREMELY thankful for tile and wood floors...and the swiffer wet jet.
i am thankful so very thankful, on this thursday....

and just to leave you with some pics of my babies...

Emerson getting ready to go to our playdate

snoozing in the waiting room the other day

happiest little girl in all the world

and Ellie B in the swing...
happiness all over that face

pretty girl saying cheese

LOVE those big eyes...

may your day bring you joy!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the ring. LOVE it like heart beating out of my chest love it. And the birthday love. And the girls!!

And today, savvy wanted to sit on the potty, so I took off the diaper cheered her on, and nothing. Then she stood up, and peed on the floor. I too was so thankful for tile!!

Happy birthday!! Enjoy 29!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my precious daughter! I love you.

The Zipser Family said...

HB2U!!! I need to learn about this potty training method. Sadie knows when she is going, but refuses to use the potty. Really she refuses a lot these days. Gotta love 2yrs old!

Channa, Oh its the Coachs Wife said...

Ok, I always feel silly leaving comments on blogs I don't know the person but your girls are just to precious!
Happy Birthday!
PS Live up 29 becaue 30 changes everything {90% in a good way!}