January 3, 2012

hello 2012

hello twenty twelve.seriously?
2012, already?
I can't even begin to imagine what 2012 has in store for my family.
2009-we moved to houston2010-
we welcomed sweet eloise
2011-we welcomed sweet emerson
2012--WHO KNOWS!!

I know I have been bad and I haven't blogged in a while, but I know that everyone understands with the holidays how days just kind of slip away from you.
I couldn't NOT blog and post about my sweet little emerson who turned 8 months old,
almost half a month ago.
I am reminded every day how blessed I am to have this sweet baby in my life.
It never fails.
I am having a crap day and all of a sudden she just looks at me and I melt.
Her little smile..that's all it takes.
Emerson, you have the most laid back personality and you are quite possibly the sweetest thing that has ever graced the face of this earth.
You are still the shortest little thing...but I think the weight is starting to catch up with you since you LOVE people food.
mashed potatoes, carrots, bread, pasta, cheese..pretty much everything CARB loaded, and I LOVE that about you.
The other day I asked Eloise if she wanted to try something and she said, "No, but, sister will try it."
She is RIGHT...you will try anything.
You are now on your second ear infection...poor girl, and I am hoping that you aren't on your way to tubes, like your sister, but if you are...it will be fine.
You take two naps.
9-11 and 1-3.
You go down between 7:30-8 and sleep until 7ish the next morning.
You are wanting to crawl...you get up on all fours and just rock...we are almost there.
You still do not have ANY teeth.
That's ok..I love your gummy smile.
You are the JOY in our life..and the best little sister ever.


oh..christmas.
can I just tell you how much fun Christmas was this year?
Not that I am wanting to wish Emerson's life away, but I can't wait until next year when both of my girls are anxious and totally get Santa.
We had so much fun getting ready for Christmas, and of course, now that it is all down...my house looks completely bare.
Eloise helped momma bake cookies for Santa,
we went to the Children's Christmas Eve Service at St. Luke's UMC,
Walt and I started new traditions with our girls...and carried on traditions from our families..
it was perfect.
and now every time Eloise sings "Happy Birthday" she still specifically sings to Baby Jesus.
Christmas was great.

The girls' letter

Eloise setting out cookies for Santa

Daddy reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to Eloise.

Momma reading "Polar Express"

Santa left a note and loved his cookies!!

every girl needs a broom and dust pan to help momma out around the house
and a pretty pink bike


Eloise's big present from Santa was her Mary Engelbreit table and chairs.
I am OBSESSED with it!
E and I have tea parties every day!

Eloise LOVES balloons...
so Santa left some red and green balloons in her room, so she could wake up to them.
Balloons can be for Christmas too, right?

trying out the bicycle

both girls opening up their gifts

Eloise LOVED her feel better baby...
and the doctor kit that came along with it.

Emerson was just taking it all in.

having our first tea party!!

cheers!!

she already knows that she has to help clean up. :)

santa also left Eloise a "baylor plate" complete with her favorite...DOUGHNUTS!!

we left on Christmas morning to go home to Daingerfield to see Walt's family...
I did a horrible job taking pictures in Daingerfield...
but I did manage to get some while we were at Lou's house.

Here are Emerson and Presley
can't WAIT until next year, when they are running around together!!

Eloise opening up presents from Great B and Lou
(um, hello...look at the curlies!!)

all the men in the playroom with the girls.

sweet cousin Kelvey and Eloise eating dinner

after Christmas we drove back to Houston, and then left the next day for San Antonio for the Baylor Bowl game.
Lalee watched our girls from Thursday-Sunday morning...and we were so grateful.
We had never been away from our girls for that long...but we had an amazing time, and Baylor won!!
After the game we ventured to one of our friend's ranch houses to spend New Year's with friends.
The time away was great..but man, did we miss our babies.

At Pat O's before the game...

LOVE my sister..and was so glad to be able to spend time with HER!!

The Bass Brothers...Tucker rode up with us, and we had so much fun!
LOVED going to the game with these boys.

Me and Sue..
it wouldn't be a game without us!!

My faves!!

We won! Bring out the balloons!! WHAT an AMAZING season!!

and then like I said..out to the ranch for some relaxation.



HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

and the greatest part was coming home and having Eloise run up and hug me! She then said "I missed you, Momma!"
And of course, Emerson's face just lit up..and I think a couple of tears ran down my face!
We had a wonderful New Years..but
I LOVED coming home!!

I hope everyone had a great New Years as well.
When out at the ranch one of our friends asked us what was our greatest memory for 2011...
of course, it would be the birth of my second daughter...but my kids aside,
I am so thankful that at this point in my life I have true friends that I know will always be there. The close friends that I have right now, are the friends that I know will be in my life forever. I am so thankful for the friendships that have gotten stronger, and for the ones that have remained just a strong as ever.
Here's to 2012...may it bring you everything you've wished for!!

3 comments:

Rathi said...

Love E's table, too cute! Happy New Year!

The Paradis Family said...

Love all your sweet traditions! We recently ordered a couple of Christmas books....didn't make it in time for this year but can't wait to read them to the girls next year!! Oh, and loved the balloons in Eloise's room...what a great idea :)

Yelda said...

great pics! and I love the ME table!!nichole and i were always obsessed back in college :)) still am!