November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


Thanksgiving 2007....

I love November and Decemember for 2 reasons:
1. It's holiday season
2. being a teacher I get to miss school for 3 weeks in 2 months time, it's great!
Walt and I headed back to Northeast Texas for Thanksgiving and we had a great time.

On Wednesday night we kicked off the "holiday season" by watching Elf...one of Walt's favorite movies of all times. You know what Buddy says, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"

Walt and I have to split Thanksgiving because we live so close to each other, so Thursday morning we went over to my Nana and Poppy's house and ate lunch there, then we went back to his parent's house to eat more food and dessert. Of course Thanksgiving was fabulous because "the Boys" won again and T.O is still making catches. Thursday night the Bass boys and myself put together a gingerbread house...wait, I take that back... I put together the gingerbread house. Grey's Anatomy was on and everytime I left the room Tucker added something else to the house to make it even more interesting! I love decorating with him.
Here is Tucker decorating his gingerbread house:



Me and Spencer with Nana on Thanksgiving

The finished product!

Me and momma with our girls

Friday was fun because Tucker, Walt's little brother turned 10 and he had an "all boys" party this year. Walt and Preston were the coaches and referees for the flag football game that was played and that was fun to watch. It's so hard to believe that the first party of Tucker's that I went to he was turning 4. After Tucker's party Preston and Walt came over to my grandparents house to watch the UT/Aggie game and to just hang out. Nana finally broke down and had to show Preston her crystal...here is Preston looking real interested! While we were home mom went through some old boxes and found her wedding dress... I so graciously offered to try it on..haha! Poppy of course is a LSU fan, and he is posing by the t.v. because he THOUGHT that LSU had won in the first overtime, come to find out....they lost in the 3rd over time to Arkanasas.
Here is the whole gang minus Tucker
Me with mom's dress on....
Poppy so excited because he thought LSU won
Preston looking real interested!

Saturday morning Walt and I left for home and it felt good to be home. Walt left Sunday afternoon for Lake Charles, Louisana. He will be there for 2 weeks. We love being with everyone for the holidays and we can't wait until Christmas.

0 comments: