December 10, 2007

Crazy?

I used to think Texas weather was crazy. One day it would be 80 degrees out and then the next day it would be in the 50's. However, since Walt and I have moved to Oklahoma we have realized that anything can happen with the weather here. I wouldn't say that we are experts on Oklahoma weather or anything but in the whole year and a half we have lived here we have experienced everything.
Let's see... the summer we moved here Bartlesville reported a record high of 117 degrees, last November Oklahoma issued their first ever blizzard warning and Walt and I woke up on a Saturday to 10 inches of ice with like 6 inches of snow. Then in January we had another round of ice and power was out all over Oklahoma for almost 2 weeks. Oh yes let's not forget that this past summer Walt drove to work and had to turn around and drive home because the entire town was flooded and now, here I am sitting at home on a work day because it has iced all over Oklahoma. Might I add that two weeks ago it was 78 degrees going to work and now as I look outside at the wintry mix that was left behind and it is a whopping 27 degrees.
Yes, I think Walt and I have experienced it all, and Gracie has too for that matter. We leave to go Christmas shopping on Friday in Kansas City and the high is 30.
I don't think I can say that Texas weather is crazy anymore...in fact nothing is crazy about Texas.

0 comments: