December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy Tonsillectomy

I think it is safe to say that I have an excuse...a valid excuse for taking a short leave of absence from the blog. I had my tonsils removed 5 days before Christmas and I can say that I have finally recovered. I actually did receive a card from someone with the greeting as: " Merry Christmas and Happy Tonsillectomy!" I don't know if they have ever experienced a tonsillectomy before but nothing about it was happy. I can hardly say that my Christmas was "merry" either. Sure, I received lots of wonderful presents and was able to see family (that is another story) but watching everyone eat the food just about made me insane. On Christmas day I was able to slowly eat some mashed potatoes and top it all off with strawberry jello and that is about all the "Christmas stuffing" that I got!

My mother came to visit the day the tonsils were removed and that was nice. It is now safe to say that she finally understands why Walt and I are always on the go. I hadn't had my tonsils out for more than 3 hours when Walt already started in with the questions like, "want to go get something to eat? Want to go to the movies? Need anything from Wal-Mart?" He is a wonderful husband and was just making sure that I was happy and satisfied at all times (which every man should do), but the fact that Walt can't ever sit still for more than 10 minutes became so evident to my mother that it was almost hilarious. He was nice enough to take her to Utica on Saturday so she could last minute Christmas shop....they made it home in record time... I don't know if that was because my mother was with Walt (the world's fastest desicion maker) or if it was because she was with a man. We were then off to Texas for 3 days to celebrate the holidays.

The holidays always seem to be changing for my family. I think it is because we are all getting older and we live in different parts of the United States. It's so hard to adjust to changing the "tradition" that we had when we were younger, but it's all a part of growing up I guess. It's hard to believe that next year at this time Walt and I will have a new sister on my side, be an aunt and uncle, be expecting a new sister on Walt's side and no telling what other news will happen in our life. Christmas seems to be the one time that we can all get together...I'm just glad that next Christmas I will be able to eat the one meal that I dream about all year long.

To everyone that reads our blog... Merry Christmas and Happy Tonsillectomy!

Our new year has plenty of things in store for us... we will keep you updated!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

Meredith, I love your blog! Just found it the other day. I hope your Christmas was wonderful, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!