January 28, 2008

Monday

Oh it's Monday, and out of all the days of the week I probably dislike Monday the most; however, my Monday today was pretty fabulous. So, I'm going about my day doing what I always do when one of my friends came into my classroom and asked me if the office had paged me to pick something up. I told her no and just figured it was probably another Flat Stanley project. I went about my regular schedule and when I was dropping my children off at specials the principal stopped me and told me to go into the office. And there it was... a huge bouquet of a dozen roses from no one other than my wonderful husband. I was so excited, because unsuspected surprises are the best! This week marks the halfway point for Walt and receiving the roses really affirmed to me just how much Walt really does care and how much he really does honor and love me. It made me think of one of the wedding verses that was read at our wedding:
Taken from Romans 12:10 "Love each other with geniue affection, and take delight in honoring each other."
Walt honestly loves me with genuine affection and even though he is on the other side of the world he still makes time to honor me and make me feel appreciated. I know that he probably had to stay up extremely late to place the flower order....and I am so happy that he made my entire week and it is only Monday. So today I am extremely thankful for Walt and this brings another verse to mind:
1 Thessalonians 5-16-18 "Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
What a true testament this is... even though things are sometimes tough for me I know I must always remain thankful because God has a plan and Walt and I are living our lives according to the way the Lord would want us too. God is with us and this is a refreshing and wonderful satisfaction. The Lord is good and so is my life!

0 comments: