March 6, 2008

Receiving the Crown

It's 5:00 in the morning on Thursday and I have been up since 3:30 a.m. I can't sleep... why? Well it's because I received a crown yesterday. Not any ordinary crown...not the crown that beautiful princesses get to wear on their head..I get to wear this crown in my mouth. Yeah, that kind of crown. I had a temporary one in and when they went in to take it out...it wouldn't budge. So they had to cut it out and deaden my mouth (mind you the other side was already deadened because I was getting a filling on that side.) Turns out my tooth wasn't numb and once they started I started screaming as loud as I could so they could hear me because I was in pain. I'm normally really great in the dentist chair... I'm a pro. I don't think I can't recall a single time I went in for a check up and didn't have a cavity. Cavities are nothing to me...but not this time...neither tooth that they worked on was numb, so I ended up leaving with seven shots in my mouth. After plenty of Tylenol and trying to rest, I've decided that all my Wednesday gave me was a crown and a headache.



1 comments:

Vernell said...

I once accompanied my niece to her Mount Pleasant dentist to have a baby tooth crown. Before going to the clinic, she asked me if they were going to make her a princess since she's getting a crown. I laughed at first, and then I got confused if I should tell her the truth or continue the sugarcoating.

Well, I ended up stalling the Q&A until we arrived at the clinic in Mount Pleasant. Dental details can sometimes be too grim for children, don't you think? Anyway, the dentist explained everything eventually, and my niece just said, "Oh." It was a big relief for me!