July 1, 2008

Weekend in Daingerfield

Walt and I were able to go home this weekend for some much needed family time. We only live about 4.5 hours away from our family, but we never can seem to find time to go home. We left Thursday night and returned home on Monday and although I had every intention of taking tons of pictures it didn't actually turn out that way. Going home to Daingerfield is always an experience....Walt lives in a town of 2,000 people and really the only "non-local" restaurant would be the McDonald's and the Subway located inside a convenience store.

On Friday we went to Longview and picked up Grandma. We went straight to Caddo Lake where we ate at this hole in the wall, (man, did they have good catfish) and then we went to the Caddo State Park and just took in nature. Grandma even made the comment, "How can you NOT believe in God after seeing this?" She is right, Caddo Lake was extremely beautiful and we had a great day together.

On Saturday Walt and I got up at the crack of dawn to watch Tucker play in the All-Star tournament. They lost their first game 15-1, but ended up winning their 2nd game, so they went in for another round in the tournament. Walt and I then left to go to Mt. Pleasant to see my Nana and Poppy.....and surprise, my MOMMA was there also. We didn't do much while we were there, but it was great catching up. Being home is so great because it is always so low-key.

Sunday we went to church, ate some mexican food at Two Senoritas, and then went out to the Daingerfield State Park, where Walt, Tucker and I rented a canoe. Bad idea... Walt was the only one that could actually canoe...but it was fun.

Tucker and Walt's mom are coming up here on Saturday and staying until Monday because they are flying out of Tulsa to go to Delaware. We have some fun things in store for them, and with it being 4th of July and all I know I will have plenty of pictures to post after this weekend.

On a side note... who is excited that DeAnna got rid of Jeremy? I know I am! I was still a little hurt after she let Graham go, but knowing that she got rid of Jeremy made it all better for me! I can't wait to see how the season finale turns out...my vote is for Jason...who are you rooting for?
Walt relaxing on the pier

Me and Grandma at the Park...isn't she adorable?

Me and Walt

The gorgeous trees

Me and Mom posing beside all the trees

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

beautiful! gotta love east tx.

Graham said...

Looks like fun! :) Yes- I was glad about Jeremy although he handled it well and then somehow I felt sorry for him? I love Graham though! I am voting for Jason too!