October 20, 2008

Weekend Update

Like I said in an earlier post, this past weekend was Oktoberfest. Word of advice....never agree to be the "DD" during Oktoberfest, because if you agree to do this you will realize that Oktoberfest is nothing but a bunch of people seeing how much they can drink. I'm not saying that Oktoberfest was not fun; however, when you are the only one making rational decisions...it never really turns out to be too much "fun" for you.
We started out on Friday night meeting a bunch of our friends at Tsunami. This is a sushi restaurant, a very good sushi restaurant I might add. We arrived at 7:00 with a reservation for 13. Approximately an hour and a half later we received our drinks. Needless to say, we asked for our checks and left. We then headed to a friend's house to eat Hideaway Pizza and then FINALLY head to Oktoberfest around 10:00. Walt and I finally got home around 1:00 with instructions to meet back at our friend's house the next day at 11:00 to practice for the "Keg Rolling Contest." Here are three pics I took from Friday night:


Walt with the DD!Obviously this guy was NOT the DD

So Saturday, Walt and I arrived at our friend's house to go over our strategy for the Keg Rolling contest. This contest is just like it sounds....you roll a keg. But MAN, do they have rules for this stuff! The team must have 6 people and 2 of them must be girls. You are allowed to use cotton gloves and baby powder and you CANNOT touch the keg with two hands, or this results in a 1 second penalty. Anyways.. you have to roll the keg 90 feet and switch off every 30 feet.

Clearly these two studs had already started drinking at 11:00 in the morning. They loved the fact that we got to use socks to roll the keg....

Now I am not a very competitive person when it comes to things like this. I obviously was put on the wrong team. This team of guys were damned and determine that we were going to win....and if we didn't win it was going to be the girls fault. Well...we didn't win....and I need to add that the girls were NOT at fault here. We made it passed the first round, but once we were called to the second round some of these boys had already had too much too drink. (please note, this was at 1:00 in the afternoon) So when we did the second round our keg didn't roll as nicely for the girls, when it was Walt and Matt's turn, Matt implanted his face into the ground, so by the time it was the last two guys turn, one of the guys just picked up the keg and ran to the finish line. The contest was extremely fun and once it was over I really enjoyed it!

The boys trying to discuss their strategy with the girls.
Walt after finishing his round. He kept commenting on the fact that his shirt was so tight... I just kept telling him his muscles looked great in it... (I was wondering though why his boobies looked bigger than mine.) Come to find out someone gave him a MEDIUM shirt...
The team and some of their fans....although we didn't win :(

Walt with Matt... you know, the one that I said did a face plant into the ground.....

The beautiful Tulsa and where Oktoberfest all took place.
We then stayed at Oktoberfest until around 4:00....came home, watched Wheel of Fortune and this is where my next story picks up, (it's short)
Walt and I are watching Wheel of Fortune (remember he's had a little to drink) it is the final round where the contestant gets to guess their last and final puzzle. This is what the puzzle looked like:
LE__ __ __

__ __ __ __ E T

Walt then proceeds to yell, " LINEN CLOSET!!" I looked at him and I started laughing... I then said... yeah because Linen closet is spelled with an L then an E! The answer was LEAKY FAUCET! I guessed correctly!
After Wheel of Fortune, we watched the Texas v. Missouri game, oh excuse me, we watched Texas kill Missouri.
Sunday I got up, we drank coffee on the porch, cleaned the house and mowed the lawn, then I took Walt to the airport. He is in Indonesia until the 14th of November. (I know tear for me)After I dropped him off I worked on updating my sister's blog and here was the outcome:
And to top it all off I woke up late for school today...I'm talking 7:15 late, (I get to school at 6:50 AND I live 30 minutes away) I HAD to wash my hair because I hadn't done it the day before. So..there's my weekend update.....Gracie and I are now just missing the man of the house!

1 comments:

kinsey said...

saw nichole's new header and knew it had to be your handiwork...VERY cute!!