January 2, 2009

I'm like the department stores.....

I was walking through Tom Thumb the other day getting my mother's prescriptions filled when I realized that I am just like a department store. Christmas had just passed, New Year's wasn't even here yet and Tom Thumb already had out Valentine's Day cards. That's when it occurred to me...I am a department store's perfect match. Yesterday was New Year's, which means that it was definitely time to take down Christmas. Now, I am going to be completely honest when I tell you that I DETEST taking down Christmas. There is always so much to do and when I am done taking down Christmas I am always left with the feeling that my house is so empty. But, there is always one thing that gets me through taking down Christmas....Valentine's. Yes, I know it is only January 2nd, but I need to decorate now or else I won't be able to enjoy the cute combination of Valentine's. Pinks, reds, hearts, paper chains....you name it...it probably would look adorable for Valentine's. So, yes.... I decorate for Valentine's the same day I take down Christmas. Now, I know that my house isn't as "full" or "decorated" as it is for Christmas, but at least it still leaves me with the feeling that my house really isn't that empty. Call me crazy, but I love decorating for ANY holiday. And you know what the best part is about my decorating this year... I didn't buy ONE SINGLE THING! I just rearranged, created and gathered stuff up from around the house. That is the best feeling of all!!









9 comments:

Yelda said...

Mer you are too cute! love the decorations. You are such a good home maker! haha

Cort said...

I think you might be a little crazy. I know what you mean about the emptiness after taking down the Christmas deco. I took mine down and said "It looks like nobody lives here now."

kinsey said...

so, i opened my blog this morning to find a fun SURPRISE!!! thank you!!! it is so so so cute. i LOVE the brown and the pictures you chose. it was like magic that it had changed. you are so good!!

Unknown said...

I hate taking down Christmas too. But when we took the tree out of the living room I was like "wow this room is huge!". Your Valentine's decorations are so cute!! Praying for you this year!

Colby Ranae said...

hahaha, i'm so happy you've found the perfect job for your passion!

Jenny M said...

I am the same way :) Valentine's Day here we come!

mjilliancooper said...

i think we're the same person honestly. haha. mine are up too.

Graham said...

I LOVE my blog! I also love your decorations. You are so creative. Why didn't I get any of that?

In This Wonderful Life said...

cute blog!!!! :) 2 things: I decorate for every holiday...including Valentines! I'm still working on getting Christmas down...and we have matching dishes :)