August 12, 2009

2009 Summer Highlights

The time has come. School officially started for me today. No, the kids aren't back...they don't come back until the 24th, but still.....no more sleeping late, no more carefree summer days...they are gone. So, in honor of the summer being over, I would like to highlight some exciting events that took place during my 3 short months of no work.


London was an amazing trip for us the summer! It was a great way for Walt to end his "audit" career and we had a wonderful vacation.



Selling our house in Owasso and moving BACK to Texas! Man... has it been tough! We stayed in a hotel for a month, and just last night we moved in with 2 great friends. We will be moving into OUR new home on September 10th! We love Houston though and all it has to offer!




Getting a new job! I am now teaching 4th grade in Katy ISD at Bonnie Holland Elementary. I am one of the Language Arts/Social Studies teachers. I have a fabulous team and I can't wait for school to get started!




Finding out the we are HAVING A BABY!!
Wait...hold on...REWIND!! YES... I did say that! Walt and I found out in June that we will be expecting Baby Bass around February 22, 2010! This blessing was wonderful! Walt and I have been trying for so long to have a baby and God has answered our prayers! I do remember Walt's face when I told him...it looked like this:
Just Kidding!! But he was really thinking something along the lines of ....Yeah...We did it!!
He really is good with kids... see? Here is Walt and our sweet nephew Jack:
So my summer has been spent feeling nauseous all day long....(every day!) and today at my 12 + week check up (When we heard our baby's heart beat) I found out that I have lost a pound...due to my lack of eating. Don't worry....I've made up for it...the one major thing I have been craving has been chocolate milkshakes (so awful, I KNOW) and McDonald's! I'm going to be a FAT PIG!
Walt and I really are so excited....we are just worried about one little person:
Yep...Miss Gracie. Of course she is our baby...and NO she won't be put on the back burner, but we just wonder how she is going to react. We have already talked about getting a baby doll in 3 months, so that I can carry her around the house and Gracie can become familiar. Gracie will be the best Big Sister though, so I have no worries.
So...we have had an eventful summer needless to say! I promise to blog more...it was just so hard to keep my mouth shut, that I had to stay away from the blog!! (I know Poco is happy now that she can finally tell people!)

Yay for Baby Bass in February! God is sooo good! He's so GOOD to ME!

22 comments:

Poco Wilson said...

Gosh I'm so happy this secret is out.. Yay!!! I love you both so much and I am sooo happy that everything worked out so perfect..I've stayed up all night for this blog post.. I can't wait to meet Baby Bass!! Love you!

kinsey said...

I am seriously so deep down excited for yall. God is so good! And we are thinking the same thing around here as far as murph and baby go...can't wait to see them together but it could be interesting ;-) Hope you start feeling better and yeah for being able to blog again...ive missed your posts!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is fabulous news! I remember talking about babies last fall during our involuntary confinement.

Heather Patterson said...

Hi sweet girl! Yay for baby Bass!! Motherhood is wonderful and I just know that you'll be a fantastic Mommy!!! Congrats!!! :)

The Zipser Family said...

YEAH!!!!! I am so excited. You are going to be an awesome Mom. Don't worry about McDonalds, I have eaten more cheesburgers in the last couple of months than in my entire life, averaging about 3-4 a week! I am so excited for you and have been keeping ya'll in my prayers!!!

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

Congrats!!!!!! I was SO excited for Trav to tell me, but so stinkin hard not to say anything. Thank goodness Baby Bass will be born in Texas!!

Sarah K. said...

Congratulations! I know you guys will be great parents! :)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations, Meredith! You will be a great Mom! I'm SO excited for you and Walt!

Erin said...

Congratulations!

Jen McCrady said...

congratulations! that's so exciting!!!

Kinsey said...

That is just the best news! You two are going to be wonderful parents! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Graham said...

We can not wait! I love you and couldn't be happier. You will make a fabulous Mommy!

The Guerra's said...

CONGRATS!!! Babies are such blessings! I have no idea how I found your blog but its so weird, we are both from good ole' MP and I live in Oklahoma also, wel you just moved but did live in Oklahoma!! My maiden name is McGee. I know my brother graduated with Poco! Congrats again on the baby!

John and Kari said...

Congrats!! You are going to love being a mommy. Its the best feeling in the world!!

Marci said...

Congratulations, Meredith!!! I'm so happy for both of you! Looking forward to all your pregnancy updates!

Kellie Staats said...

YAY! I just read this.. Congrats!! I am SO excited for y'all!!! :)

The Ealy's said...

Congrats Meredith! I had a feeling..I know, weird, but I did. I'm so happy for you guys. And no worries about the weight...I lost 15lbs at my first dr visit but seriously made up for it! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. It is the most amazing thing you'll ever do.

Leslie said...

Congratulations! We had our baby boy in February! It was a good time. I teach also. I took 3 months off, worked for 3 weeks in May and then had 3 more months off with him before I went back to work in August.

Jaton said...

Congrats, Meredith! You are going to be a great mommy!

Jenny M said...

Congrats!!!! You will be a fantastic mom!

Catherine Chaumont said...

Congratulations, Meredith (and Walt)! You guys are going to be great parents! And Gracie will love her new baby, I'm sure.

Amanda... said...

congrats to you and walt and that baby is going to be such a beautiful baby if its a boy or girl yall are so wonderful you might not remeber me but i was ur favorite student in third grade your last year in allen tx... i hope everythings going well i hope to start talking again i miss you so much hope to talk to you soon..
amanda marquis from your third grade class 2006 reed elm.