October 6, 2009

What could it be???

When I went for my 16 week checkup my doctor was about to be gone on maternity leave. We knew that when I came back for my 20 week appointment, she would not be there...which also meant that she would not be able to tell me what Walt and I were having. So...we did a little sonogram, and she wrote down what she thought I was having. I had to have her write it down because Walt was not there. After she looked at the sonogram for about 20 minutes, she told me that Walt and I could not start decorating our nursery, but we could buy clothes. Clothes are always something that you could exchange. I rushed home, and let Walt open the slip of paper first....he was so excited. We knew that there was a possibility that when we came back for our 20 week appointment that our baby could possibly "be" something different. Of course this did not stop my family from buying things for us. Even though I told them...wait, wait until our 20 week, when I went to visit last weekend my mother had stuff for us, and when Poco came down to visit she brought me stuff. When I talked to Nichole today, she told me that our baby better have the same initials regardless because she too, had already gotten stuff monogrammed.
Well today when Walt and I went to our appointment we were SOOO happy to find out that our little baby was what my doctor that it was a month ago. Of course, we would have been happy with either, but we were so happy that we could keep all our cute outfits. So...what are we having? Well... let me tell you, Walt's parents are SUPER DUPER excited (my family is just as excited) because they do not have any of these in their immediate family. So yes, you guessed it...Walt and I are having a

GIRL!!
This is what Walt has expressed that he has wanted all along, so I am so happy it will be Walt and his three girls... Me, Gracie and our sweet baby girl.

Some of you have asked if we have a name picked out. Yes, we do. It is a family name, and we think it is perfect. I know how some people are with names, so I am a little scared to share. Walt never knew his dad's mother while growing up, and he wanted to honor her. I let Walt choose the first name. So we decided to go with her first name, Eloise. We agreed to let me come up with the middle name. I thought long and hard about this one. My grandmother, Nana, has been an important part in my life. She has been there for our family through everything, so I decided to name our daughter's middle name after her, Betty.
Our baby's name will be Eloise Betty Bass.
I know it is old fashioned, and I am sure plenty of you have an opinion about it, but we wanted our girl's name to have meaning. This way our girl Eloise has some pretty big shoes to fill....but we know that the Lord has wonderful things planned for her and she will fill those shoes just fine. Now we are just excited to get her room ready. As scared as we are to become parents, we really now can't wait to meet Miss Eloise!

18 comments:

kinsey said...

yeah!!!! i'm SO EXCITED for you and nichole to both be having girls together!!! SO MUCH FUN! and i LOVE her name. i think eloise is ADORABLE. seriously, SO CUTE. i am so happy for yall!!!

She McCord said...

Yeah! How fun! And I LOVE the name!!

Erin said...

Love the name...congrats!

Mt. Marcy said...

So excited for you two. Personally, I L-O-V-E the name!

The Langner's said...

Congrats on a baby girl that is fantastic. Walt will be wrapped around her little finger. The name is awesome!!! Congrats again on your baby girl.

mommymimi said...

I LOVE her name!!!!!! i LOVE old fashioned!!!! congratulations! i can't wait to see her!!!!

The Zipser Family said...

I am so excited for you and I love the name. One of my favorite books growing up was about a girl named Eloise in the Plaza, I will have to find you a copy! Congrats!

leahcrabb said...

so exciting mer! i know girls are gonna be fun fun! cant wait. hope you are feeling good. dont know if youve seen my blog i started yet...check it out if not...

www.leahandjeffery.blogspot.com

Mary Katherine told me that you help her keep hers looking cute...may have to get some tips from you too!

congrats again! love.

Jenny M said...

Congrats! Eloise is one of my favorite names. I have always been a huge fan of the Eloise children's books too!

KClevenger said...

SO CUTE!!!

Yelda said...

that is just precious i love the name, Ellie is sooo cute too! congrats to you both!!!

Rathi said...

Congrats on your baby girl, and that name is just too precious!!! So happy for you guys!

John and Kari said...

CONGRATS!! I am very excited for you guys!! As far as the name goes... I LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! What a precious name! Congratulations!

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting. You're going to have a daughter!:) Cute baby bump by the way!

Poco said...

Love the name and love you!!! Hope all is going well!! miss you guys, this weekend wont be the same! :)

Rebekah said...

CONGRATS!!! Girls are so fun! I think your name is precious! Our little one's name is Cilla, after my hubby's mom, Priscilla. People think it is weird, but we love it. That is what matters!

Colby Ranae said...

CONGRATS MOMMY! How Exciting!! xx