January 11, 2010

Ready or Not....

Right now I have the Fugees playing in my head... Ready or Not Here I Come and You Can't Hide....

  • Today I went in for an appointment.... I am 34 weeks today....and boy did the Dr. give me some news.
  • Our little girl is NOT going to wait until her due date to make her debut....Dr. is 100% sure about that....
  • I have been given a prescription to stop the contractions that I am already feeling...if the prescription doesn't work...I'll be put on full bed rest...NOT what I wanted.
  • As of now, I am allowed to go to work, and come home and sit...partial bedrest, as my Dr. calls it.....
  • My Dr. knows Walt so well that she wrote him a prescription....it said things like he must cook, he must do laundry, he must be the one that does everything around the house, so I can just sit there...
  • This was hilarious to me, but I am extremely thankful that I have a husband who already does things like this for me around the house....
Am I excited?? Of course.... Yes... Thrilled...am I prepared...DEFINITELY not.
However... Walt and I have a childbirthing class this weekend, and THREE showers next week...
  • Let's hope and pray that my prescription works, and I am NOT put on bed rest...because we honestly do not have ANYTHING for Eloise yet...and after next weekend, we will.
  • Her bedding still hasn't come in...we had some difficulties, but it will be here this week...THANK goodness...
  • 37 weeks is the magic number... Dr. is going to do everything in her power to get her to 37 weeks, then she said after that she can come any time.
On a more personal note... she told me that her head was so far down that she doesn't understand how I am walking around...ha!
  • Eloise is not going to be an extremely big baby...which makes it all that much "easier" for me....wouldn't say labor is going to be easy.
  • So for now...guess I'll go to work tomorrow and get all my sub plans ready... and guess I'll be coming back from maternity leave a lot earlier than I thought!!
Please keep sweet Eloise in your prayers... let's pray that she decides to NOT come until the magic number... 37 weeks.

8 comments:

kinsey said...

praying praying praying for 37 weeks!! she and claire could have the same birthday if she's early!! too fun. thinking about yall big time and hoping it all works out so that you get the most time off work WITH eloise at home, and not time off work before she gets here ;-)

Stephanie said...

thinking of you! hang in there, and yes, labor will be much more pleasant with a little baby! Ethan was 8.5 lbs, and I thought that he nearly killed me! I am praying for God's perfect timing! Take care!

The Zipser Family said...

Your in my prayers! Put your feet up and relax. Once she is here you will wish you could :)

Marci said...

Praying that little Eloise stays put for now where it's nice and cozy! Take it easy and drink lots of water, dehydration can cause preterm labor. Hoping for 37!!

Poco Wilson said...

Love you mer.. can't wait to meet sweet Eloise.. - Love AUnt P!

KClevenger said...

Praying for you and Eloise!!

Jenette said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and sweet Eloise!

Sue said...

Oh my goodness! Calling you tomorrow.. Eloise is just SO excited to see her mommy and daddy! :) XOXOXO