April 7, 2010

The Time Has Come...


Oh my goodness...how I am going to miss this sweet face! I start back at work tomorrow, and I might sound like a bad mother, but....I'm ready. Of course I am going to miss my sweet baby...but I am so ready to start teaching again. I've always known that I was fulfilling my calling in life...this is a wonderful feeling. Am I going to think about my lil' bit every single second? YES. Am I excited about diving right into the last several chapters of James and the Giant Peach and discussing the book with my kids? You bet. Is it ok that I am a mom that wants to work as well? I think it is. Does it make it easier for me knowing that in 7 weeks it is summer? Heck Yes. Eloise started school on Tuesday....she had a rough day. They said she screamed and cried all day long. Last night she didn't even want her dad...just me. Did I love this? Like you wouldn't believe. Today was much better. They even told me that I had a great baby....I already knew this, but it made me happy to know that she was happy at school. Is she still crying when daddy holds her? YEP. Am I still ok with this? YEP. Is she a momma's girl? Oh yes....she must take after her mother.
So....many prayers for me going back to school tomorrow...but I'm ready. Can't wait to see my kiddos, but I also know that I will be dying and ready for 4 to roll around so I can see my number one little munchkin.






5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Goodluck going back to work! It was hard for me to go back to work, but it is working out fine. Jarrett is in a routine now & he loves his babysitter! Eloise is a doll!

My mom is a teacher & it was always so wonderful to have her home in the summers & the holidays. :)

Graham said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to squeeze her! Call me when you can. I can't wait to hear about work!!!!

kinsey said...

i'm impressed with your positive outlook! you are WAY better than me...every single morning i dread leaving him and going to school. ha. guess that makes me a bad teacher?! good luck today!

Brooke said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I am a new mommy and teacher as well. I knew I would miss Nolan like crazy but I longed for the structure and routine of teaching. And I felt major guilt about this but as time has gone on it has gotten easier. Everyone is healthy and happy and that's all that matters. My prayers will be with you as you return to work...my first day was the hardest and I just wanted to get it over with. I am sure your kiddos will be so happy to see you again.

She McCord said...

hope your first day back was great! i too remember being ready for a little structure and adult conversations! i am sure your kiddos were so glad to have you back. enjoy your evenings with your sweet little family - summer is sooooo close!