April 7, 2010

The hardest thing.....

Now I knew that not being pregnant was going to be a challenge. After all...you can't eat what you want, you no longer have an excuse to dress like you just rolled out of bed, and you can't use that excuse..."Hey, I don't have to....I'm pregnant." It's not like I thought my weight was just going to fall off, I knew it wouldn't. The hardest thing about me being pregnant was gaining weight, (I hated standing on that scale) and now the hardest thing about me not being pregnant is losing it. I've never been the type of girl to go on the fad diets...I, personally, think it wouldn't work for me. The second I lost the amount of weight that I wanted, I would go back to eating what I wanted too. I've always believed in portion control and working out. The doctor cleared me last Wednesday to start working out again. This was an exciting day for me....but MAN, has it kicked my tush since then. I was told in June when I found out I was pregnant that I needed to quit running...ok...but then if you remember I was put on "partial" bedrest in January...I couldn't do anything. So basically, I've been "walking" since June. SUCKS to start working out again. My stomach isn't what it used to be...my body isn't as toned....oh goodness I could go on forever....

Let's just recap here...7 weeks ago I looked like this:
Oh dear Jesus that is awful. I never thought I would show you that picture. Now granted, I had a precious little miracle inside me....and she is everything I have ever wanted. BUT...that doesn't mean that I don't want to look like this again:
Take a moment to just LOOK at that stomach. It's not the greatest...but, it's better than that picture above, right? Before I was pregnant I could pretty much eat whatever and I worked out...even reading this post here you can tell that I worked out...but I also could eat or drink as I pleased. HA...now my meals consist of a small thing of cereal, or yogurt, a salad for lunch, and a salad with either fish or chicken for dinner. AND I workout every freaking day. If you are one of those people that just LOST all your weight magically after pregnancy then you are a freak of nature and I despise you. I'm just saying. So, for now..I will continue to get my butt kicked every day when I work out...and I will continue to let salad be my best friend...I WILL have lost all my weight by the time the new school year rolls around...hell, I might even be skinnier than what I was BEFORE I got pregnant...how's that for post pregnancy weight!

1 comments:

Travis and Natalie Riley said...

You are beautiful, pregnant or not! I thought you looked great 3 weeks after birth!! one hot MOMMA. I'm ready to come play with Eloise again!