June 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend for us, was spent in Daingerfield. Walt and I decided that it would be nice to get away (ha...we seem to travel all the time) and have some down time on this holiday weekend. We left on Saturday morning, so that we would miss the traffic and we were able to see his parents, and my mom and grandparents. Saturday was spent taking Eloise to the pool. She LOVED it!! WE definitely have a water baby on our hands. We stayed out at the pool for almost 3 hours and Eloise loved every minute of it!!
We are pretty sure that Eloise has decided that it is time for her to start teething. She is almost 4 months old, so this is quite possible. She fussed and fussed ALL Sunday afternoon, and when you have a baby that isn't normally that fussy it is extremely frustrating. It was a good thing that we were around family, so that they could help us out. Walt and I weren't able to spend as much time with everyone that we wanted. His battery died on Sunday night, so Monday was spend getting a new battery and unfortunately we weren't able to take Eloise over to see her Lou Lou....next time we come in...she is all yours, Lou Lou!!
Walt and I have been sticking to a pretty strict schedule lately for Eloise. People seem to think that we are crazy, but this has really been working for her. We figured that she needed to be a on good schedule once summer rolled around because I need to be able to get things done. She is eating every 3 hours still, but she only gets up once at night. During the day she will usually take two, 2 hr. naps, and we ALWAYS put her down at 8:00 at night. The first night we tried this she cried for an hour....tonight, she cried for SEVEN MINUTES!! She has never been a baby that just falls asleep at night, so 7 minutes is a miracle!! Walt and I decided that since we have a child that could stay up until midnight, we had to get some alone time in....and after a week, this has really helped. The schedule for us, is working. Thank goodness.
Eloise is growing by leaps and bounds! She is now able to hold her head up and she LOVES her exersaucer that her Great B gave her!! Eloise LOVES anything that will bounce and she just laughs when we bounce her.
Walt and I are taking it easy the next several weeks and just staying here in Houston. After the trip to Tulsa, Eloise has associated the car seat, with LONG car ride, and this does not always end up very well. I can assure you that I will be posting more because, oh yeah...I'm out of school in 3 days...so HELLO, SUMMER!! Be jealous...it's ok...

Eloise in her Exersaucer

No matter what she does, she always has those big eyes

See what I mean?? Here she is checking things out

"Mom, quit taking my picture, and just let me enjoy the water!"

Eloise, just relaxing

It was an itsy bitsy teeny weeny pink polka dot bikini

So, Eloise decided she would much rather skinny dip....this is where she decided she would tinkle on her daddy

Walt: "Oh my goodness, Mer...she just peed on me!"

Love the naked rolls...lOvE them!!

Dressed for church on Sunday

Taking a nap after church at my Super Nana and Super Poppy's house

Sunday naps are good....

Hanging out with Daddy

"Goodness, could they be talking about anything more boring?"

Eloise and the boys...

Kisses from Daddy

Me with my beautiful momma

Gambi and Eloise...Eloise loves her Gambi

Eloise is laughing while she holds onto Super Poppy's finger...she knows a good thing and doesn't want to let go!

Poppy and Phoebe...what a pair

Starting to get a little tired....my roly poly

Poppy showing Tucker how it's done. Look at that throw....90 years old and still got it!

Poppy is the pro

On our way home from Daingerfield....bubble girl!

Mommy: "Eloise we are going home!"
Eloise: "YEA!!!"

Sleeping on her way home

Love those little hands holding onto mine

7 comments:

Erin said...

Great pictures...love the one of you and your mom as well as the ones of Eloise in the pool. You are definitely not crazy to want to stick to a schedule...we do the same with our kids and they do so much better...I really believe that kids crave schedules so that they feel empowered by knowing what to expect! You guys are doing a wonderful job!!

kinsey said...

she is so cute meredith! tomorrow is my last day and i can't wait to be home with hank!! love that yall will have special time too :-)

Poco said...

Glad to hear she is back on schd with eating and I think it's a great idea to be following one! Ellie looks adorable in her swim suit.. Hows is Miss Gracie?! Roo sure misses her

Sue said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE LOOOOVE Eloise's itsy bitsy teeny weeny polka dot bikini!!! Cutest.Baby.Ever. Miss you tons! XOXO

Lindsey said...

oh my - eloise is the cutest thing ever in that pink frilly swimsuit. and taos bubbles like that too - so funny. love the pics of your sweet family.

Graham said...

Super cute! I can't wait to squeeze her!

Braden said...

Nice to see that your doing good nice pics