November 30, 2011

parenthood

hello. anyone out there still reading my blog? it seems as though i am not very good at juggling everything. it's 10:00 and blogging probably isn't what i should be doing right now, but i was tired of addressing christmas cards. love getting them. hate addressing them.

i am obsessed with the television show, parenthood.
obsessed.
i am 110% sure that i cry every episode. i don't know how that is possible, but somehow they get me.
every.single.time.
parenthood is by far the greatest show on television.
i can relate because i am a parent, but mostly i can relate because i have such a wonderful, crazy family.
i sometimes watch keeping up with the kardashians and think that they are similar to my family...but no.
i want my family to be more like parenthood.
i know it is a made up show, but the issues discussed, the love, the fear that i get watching the show realizing that one day my daughters ARE going to date, and they WILL go to prom...
the fact that when the ENTIRE family gets together, it's like they were never away from each other.
that is how it feels when i am with ANY member of my family.
extended family as well.

which made me think...with it being the holidays and all...
and how even if there are some things i really want...
if i take a step back and look from the sidelines...
i have a completely incredible life.
my wants are fulfilled by my family.

i have a 7 month old
who smiles at anything...
and who frankly is so stinking short she is STILL wearing size 3-6 month pants (but hey...this saves me money, right)




i have a 21 month old that is soaking up life as we know it...
and after all those times of me trying to get her to smile at the camera...
she finally realized what "CHEESE" was all about..

a brother that is a wonderful uncle
and who still acts like a kid and wants to play tag
anytime a youngster is around.


family members that know how to bring
a good time.
sure...the outcome of dance dance revolution wasn't the way we wanted it to be...
(No way Spencer is better than me and Poco...
and definitely NO WAY Walt is better than Poco.)
but we had fun while playing it...

a sister in law who clearly loves me.
she puts up with me ransacking her home and turning it into a "baby" house....
and i know she cleaned for hours...
and the second Hurricane Eloise arrived, it was all destroyed.
but...she never once complained.
ever.



*just look at Poco's technique here...it's a thousand times better than walt's, clearly.


a mother who loves with her whole heart
and has always put her children first.
and is incredibly beautiful!!!
a sister who stands by me through anything.
and she also cooks an amazing Thanksgiving meal.
but seriously...
i hope emerson is the type of younger sister to eloise that poco has been to me.
a baby girl who LoVEs to snuggle.
and who has some serious cute rolls on those legs.

a husband who provides for my family...
and who is letting me live out my dream and stay at home with my babes.
even if he does have to for go some things...

aunts who love my loves like their own.
siblings... (hate that my older sis Nichole isn't in this picture, but she was here in spirit)
love growing up with an instant circle of friends.
that's what my sisters and brother are...
my friends.
anytime i need them.
always there.
love all three of you.
and a little girl with such a huge imagination...
let's me know on a daily basis that she is growing up.

*like i said earlier...girl loves to snuggle.
*specifically asked if she could "Hold Emmy" for the picture.
yes, i think i want my family to be like the one on parenthood.
real issues, real problems, real love, just plain real.
where would i be without my family?

5 comments:

Momma said...

OMG! Mer, this is a tearjerker!! Love the pictures..your words express my feelings also. Family is what life is all about!

Poco said...

This blog made me cry.. ( and we know that is hard, and AT WORK) I am so thankful for you, your beautiful family, and everyone in our family.. That's why Thanksgiving is now my favorite holiday bc I am reminded of all we have and I LOVE cooking for everyone and showing them my love! THANK YOU for all you do for me!! and your sweet words!

Ps. Parenthood got me this week too.. I LOVE IT!

JoDee said...

I'm still reading your blog! In fact, you just inspired me to update mine... if you can find time to do it, so can I! :)
LOVE Parenthood too. Such a great show!
And seriously, could have peed my pants looking at the pictures of Walter playing dance dance revolution! HILARIOUS!!

Rathi said...

What a sweet post! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.. all the pics with the girls are too sweet!!whies

The Paradis Family said...

Love this sweet post and love Parenthood!!