January 18, 2012

milestones


here's to another post about my children.
but, i can't help it.
we've had some milestones...several milestones over the past week...
and as a momma who blogs,
i must document it.

the first milestone is HUGE.
OH SO HUGE.
and it makes me OH SO HAPPY.
I can't tell you how long I have waited for this...
how I have looked at other moms and been jealous....and looked at little girls and just wanted to take them home with me and play with their hair...
I can now put a RUBBER BAND in my child's hair and ATTACH a BOW to it!!
Oh my goodness..isn't that the most incredible thing ever!!??
I'm talking...we've gone over a week now with a bow in our hair...
I knew I needed to distract her, and Eloise LOVES to brush her teeth...so..
I just let her brush her teeth, and while she is doing that...
Tada!!
and then there was day 2

day 3
day 4
day 5

and we even kept the bow in our hair while we had friends over to play!
I can't even begin to tell you HOW happy this makes me...
now, I have to go to the store and buy some more bows with clips...but who cares!!
It's a BOW!

and a milestone for this little bit...
not only is she sitting up on her own (I'm talking will be laying flat on her back and then BAM, she is up sitting ) she is also pulling up on EVERYTHING (still not crawling real well)
we have also decided that we LOVE Italian food..
Here she is eating Ravioli


and then again eating penne pasta.
OH goodness..the girl loves food, which is not a new thing, but
she is obsessed with it!
(and yes, I know that my child always has her mouth open....always)


now this isn't a milestone...but I walked in to check on both girls the other day while they were napping...they have both always scared me how they sleep...the get right up under the bumper...but I had to let out a little chuckle when I went in to their rooms and saw both of them like this:


another milestone...
walt and i took our girls to chik-fil-a on saturday NIGHT..
why is this a milestone?
This was their first dinner date with daddy...
even though momma tagged along...
we are going to make it a routine for daddy to take his girls out...
so these two little loves can see how a real gentleman should treat little ladies. :)
and the biggest milestone of all??
which made me shed some real big tears...
we've gone almost 2 weeks staying dry throughout the night!
baby girl isn't even 2...
I am one proud momma!
We are COMPLETELY potty trained..
so Sunday was spent making a mommy/daughter trip to Wal-Mart to let BIG E pick out two packages of big girl panties...
Dora and Minnie.
and now the girl never wants to take them off!
Some people thought I was crazy with the method I used...but..hey..it worked!
and I am going to do it with the little e as well!

and then just some pics of these two sweet sisters....

they might not love the camera too much...
BIG E especially...
but...
they sure do love each other!!

oh that sister love just makes my heart so full!!

6 comments:

Momma said...

I told you to have patience. EllieB's bows, and EmmyC with her crawling....Every child goes through stages. Some a little earlier than others! Kiss the girls!

Anonymous said...

This post made me tear up some! Can't wait to see them this weekend! :) Miss ALL of you! XOXO from Dallas!

The Zipser Family said...

They are so precious! What was the potty training method? Sadie is about to get serious, but until now has absolutely NO interest at all. How did you get her trained at night too?

Lolita Forsyth said...

Yes I want to know your method. My 3 year old is potty trained but still hasn't been able to keep dry at night. Going to start with my 2 year old. Except I'm going to have to use a different method with her.

Jenette said...

Awww, little E is so darn cute!! I love Miss E's bow:)!!! Sweet, sweet girls! And, I'm going to use your method of potty training if it works by the age of two!!! That's great!

Becca said...

Jay takes Meg on a daddy-daughter date to chickfila once a month, and Meg always has the best time and feels so special! It's a great tradition!

Becca