November 11, 2008

Let's just talk about my day.....

I guess the saying is true....bad things come in 3's. First, Walt and I get some bad news about an issue that we have really been praying about. Second, my computer is overtaken by a virus and I ended up spending close to 350 dollars for repair. Now for the third....just let me paint the picture for you:

I get to work around 6:55 in the morning. I'm always the 2nd or 3rd car there, ALWAYS. Today I was having some trouble figuring out what to wear and since I vowed to keep my closet clean all week... see this post...I was a little later than usual. Obviously not too late though, because as I was driving I thought to myself, "Ah... I deserve a grande-non-fat-decaf-peppermint twist mocha from Starbucks this morning. I've made it 26 days without my husband, AND I have cash, so that makes it even better." Well.. I end up pulling into the school parking lot at 7:10ish. This is NOT late by any means. In the front of the school there are 6 parking spaces, well I pulled into the last parking space. And by pulled in I mean I was so close to the 5th car..I almost hit it. So, I walk inside, frustrated because my mocha was DI-SGUST-TING! My kiddos come in around 7:45 and I thought, "Heck yeah, we have an assembly today! I only have my first class for 45 minutes... SCORE!" Class goes well, the assembly is great, I drop off my kiddos and it is my planning time. Well... another teacher needed me to step in here class for a minute, no biggie. In the meantime, the office comes over the loud speaker, "If you are a PARENT and your car is parked in the circle drive PLEASE move it." (Our 3rd graders were performing their Veteran's Day program, so parents were there.) I, of course, thought nothing of it. Well.. about 5 minutes later my sweet teacher's assistant Megan comes and tells me that the office has paged me about 4 times. I walk down to the Principal's office thinking, (clearly I did A LOT of thinking today) Oh Gosh, what did I do wrong?" (Take note.. I'm 26... still scared about the Principal's office.) My principal shuts the door behind me... WHOA... this is bad. "Mrs. Bass," she begins... my mind at this time is going to Walt. "Oh my goodness what happened to him," I am thinking. "Your car was hit by the school bus."
I immediately start crying. Remember when I said the secretary came over the intercom and told the parents to MOVE their car if it was in the circle drive??? Well, the school bus driver HIT my CAR because if he didn't hit my car he would have hit 4 other PARENTS' cars! And to make matters even better, he wasn't even going to report this hit and run accident. THANK GOODNESS one of my 4th grade parents saw this happen and ran in to tell the principal.
All I could think to myself was, (excuse me), DAMN Starbucks! If I hadn't stopped to get the nasty drink, I would have NOT been the last person in line and I would NOT have gotten hit by that bus. By the time I went out to see my car, I was shaking and crying and I didn't know what to do because I don't handle this stuff. I filed a police report and the kindergarten windows look out to the parking lot and ALL the kindergarten's thought I was getting arrested. Of course, my sweet husband didn't get mad, he just assured me that everything was going to be alright. "Mer, you weren't in the car, things are fine." So... I came home, starting cooking some food for the party Saturday night and opened up a bottle of wine. I think the wine has been the best part of my day... and to make matter's worse.. this IS WALT'S BIRTHDAY! Hopefully I am in the clear for awhile... I've had enough bad things happen to me to last me at least until 2009.

YES....THAT'S A HOLE IN MY CAR! A HOLE! IT'S A LOT BIGGER THAN IT LOOKS!
Oh goodness... my pretty car... I guess now it needs some plastic surgery. My poor baby!

6 comments:

Emily said...

Sometimes it feels like when it rains it pours!!
So sorry you had a bad day girl!
Grrr to bad days!
Wine always makes things feel a bit better, if only for a while!
I will keep you in my prayers!!
Hope today is much better!

John and Kari said...

That is JUST HORRIBLE!! I am sorry! At least your husband will be home soon right?!?!!?

Graham said...

Your 3 bad things are over.. Only good things are to come! I wish you many many good things!!!!

Padoodie's mom said...

I hope things turn around for you soon! At least the 3 things were in one day instead of 3 days :)

Mc Allen said...

Awww, I'm sorry swety, that sux! My hubbs fixes this stuff for a living, your car will be no trouble at all, fixed up lickity split!! ;) yes, Mer its gonna be smooth sailing from here on out!! Hugs! LA

Jenny M said...

I'm so sorry to read about your troubles! This should cheer you up...

http://www.snapfish.com/info18